Competing for Craig

A blonde boy walked up the driveway to his friend’s opulent mansion, from which electronic music could be heard blaring, and entered through the front door. Moments later, a black-haired teen followed him in, then a boy with sandy blonde hair.

Tweek twitched a little, his ears filled with the loud Halloween-themed dance music. Bright orange and purple lights illuminated Token’s house and its many frightening decorations. The hem of his dress-like witch robe dragged on the ground slightly, sweeping up small candy wrappers and bits of confetti. He reached up to adjust his pointy hat and make sure it stayed on his head.

“Hey, Tweek, nice to see ya,” a nasal voice sounded from behind him.

“Gah!” he jumped, sighing with relief once he realized who it was. “O-oh, nice to see you too, Craig.”

Tweek looked toward his slightly taller friend; though it was difficult to see due to the dim light, the noirette didn't seem to be wearing much other than his usual outfit: that is, his jeans, blue hat, and equally blue coat, which was unzipped to reveal his NASA shirt.

“Mind if I stick by you tonight?” Craig requested. “It's nice to have somebody who I can-”

“Oh, loyal subjects!” a playful, exaggeratedly high voice called. “Your princess has arrived!”

Tweek noticed the voice put extra emphasis on the last syllable of “princess”: “princess” instead of “princess”.

The two turned to see their peer, Kenny, wearing a frilly pink and white dress, blonde wig, and oddly genuine-looking tiara that caught the light and glimmered.

“Come now, darlings, clear the way,” Kenny said, waving his white-gloved hands to the sides to indicate people should move out of his way as he approached Craig and Tweek.

“Oh! A wicked witch encroaches upon my kingdom!” he cried, then laughed jokingly and smiled at Tweek in a friendly manner. Returning to his normal voice, he added, “I'm just jokin’, man. Loving the outfit, by the way. Wish I could see some other people in a dress like that,” and winked at Craig.

Tweek groaned quietly and rebutted, “It is not a dress, it is a robe. Witches can be boys or girls, Kenny.”

Craig either didn't notice the wink or didn't care, and instead nodded at the dress-wearing teen.

“Whatever. Guys in girls’ clothes are cute anyway. ‘Specially me,” grinned Kenny, giving a small twirl that caused his skirt to float up and swirl slightly.

“Ya put a lot of effort into the costume, McCormick. Which is more than I would ever do,” stated Craig, in order to praise Kenny, albeit in a roundabout way.

Kenny nodded and, examining Craig, asked, “Yeah...what are you supposed to be, anyway?”

“I'm a carrier of a zombie virus. See?” he answered, pointing to a small red mark on his cheek. “That’s the rash- it’s the first sign of infection.”

“You just drew that on with Magic Marker,” Tweek chimed in.

“Still counts as a costume.”

“Ahem,” Kenny cleared his throat before returning to his princess voice. “Oh, dear, you're deathly ill! We must get you to a healer at once!”

He took Craig's hand in his own and attempted to pull him away. Tweek tugged at one of Kenny’s puffy sleeves and glared slightly.

“Princess Kenny, I request a royal audience.”

“Oh! Why, of course! I always make time for my subjects. Excuse us, Craig.”

The two stepped aside.