The Carnival

As I wait in line for 'The Hangover' ride with my cousin, Ciara and her boyfriend, Adrian. She says they're not dating, but they obviously are. I turn back to face them.

"I can't believe I came to this with you two." I complain

"Kimi, we always come together, every year, it's tradition!" Ciara replies sulkily.

"Yeah, but it's always just the two of us. You've never brought your boyfriend."

"He's not my boyfriend!" she says. Adrian and I laugh at her defensiveness.

"Whatever. I'm still third wheeling, and now I have to go on all of these rides alone!" I turn back around and bump into a tall, lanky boy facing me.

I look up to see his face and it's Ruel. THE RUEL. RUEL VAN DIJK. I stay calm, well, I try to stay calm, I'm a bit of a fan. Why the frick is he here?

"Hey, sorry to eavesdrop on your conversation, but there's not much to do while waiting in line-" I cut him off. He should be sorry!

"I mean, you could watch the rides, listen to the music, I'm sure you'll find something better to do." I scoff.

"Hmm...I don't know. I'm not a big fan of this song." I listen closely to hear the song and realise that it's his song, 'Don't Tell Me'. I giggle and he looks at me confused.

"What?" he asks.

"You don't like it? You wrote it." He looks shocked that I know who he is..maybe I should've pretended I didn't. Oh well, no turning back now.

"Yeah, well it's been a bit overplayed for the last four years." Wow, four years already! [since he was 12 when he first wrote it]

"Touchè" We laugh at my expression. Then I remember he was eavesdropping.

"So, why were you listening to our conversation?"

"Oh..right. I was gonna say you can go on rides with me, my sisters will be going on together." he turns back and points to Sylvie and Coco, who are talking to each other. "That way neither of us will be third wheeling."

I look back at Ciara and Adrian, who are cuddling up to each other, definitely dating. I turn back and smile at Ruel "Sure, at least I won't be alone with that!" I say, pointing back to them. We laugh as the ride slows down meaning we are on next.

As we get on the ride, Ciara and Adrian go to the front, he sits on the right (inside) and she's on the left (outside). Ruel and I sit in the second row, he goes in behind Adrian with me behind Ciara, and Sylvie and Coco sit behind us.

[insert photo here because I suck at explaining :)]

As we get on the ride, I introduce everyone "Ruel this is my cousin Ciara and her boyfriend Adrian"