Chapter 1

My eyes shot open. Where am I? I was dead. I was THE dead. I remember. Remember being bit. Remember dying. Remember regenerating as a zombie. I remember killing and the hunger I always felt. But the hunger isn't there anymore. I am aware of what I am doing. When I was a zombie I had no control over what my body did. It was like I was a backseat driver that couldn't control anything.

I looked around me and it looked like I was in a lab. My arms were hooked up to IV's.  I was me again. I wasn't a bloodthirsty zombie, I was Ash Greendale.

I heard commotion in the hall. Two men in lab coats walked in. The first one locked eyes with me and smiled. "She's awake." His colleague looked up. "It worked. It finally worked!"

I spoke for the first time in months. "What did you do to me?"

They both smiled. "We cured you." They clapped hands. "We have been testing different cures since it started. You are the first one it worked on subject 712."

712? And I was the first.

"Do you remember your name? Or anything about yourself at all?"

I replied, "I remember everything. My life before, during, and now. My name is Ash Greendale and I had a mom and my sister. Both dead." I could feel tears coming. "How is this possible?"

The first one replied, "Science." He smiled and continued, "we have been testing formulas for months and you just so happen to be the first successful subject. Only problem is we don't know how the serum will effect your body."

They walked closer and I snapped.

I was able to smell their blood and the hunger was back. They both looked panicked. It wasn't the kind of hunger I felt before. It was different. I start pulling the needles out of my arm and rip off the restraints I just realized we're there. "I am so hungry." I looked in the mirror next to me and saw my eyes turn red and lines appearing on my face and fangs growing. (AN: Like the Vampire Diaries vampires)

"I thought it worked Dan!" The first one ran to the fridge while Dan stood in shock. "We made her into a different kind of monster!" I eyed him hungrily and took slow steps forward. I bared my fangs. "A vampire! We made her a vampire!"

"Dan? Where is that stabilizer?" He took steps back and tripped over the chair. The smell of blood became stronger. I growled when I saw the blood trailing down his knee. "Shit!" He scrambled to get up and run but I was quicker than him and before he could say anything I was on top of him draining every last drop from his body.  He thrashed and clawed at me while screaming in agony.

"Richard! No!" Dan seemed to snap out of his trance and ran to a panel in the wall and pushed a giant red button.

My hunger was gone. I looked down at what I did and started to cry. I killed him. I killed him. I thought I was human again. But no. I'm just another monster. I still need to kill to survive.

All of a sudden I heard the sound of glass shattering. About a dozen zombies were coming in. "Look out!" I screamed. But it was too late.

I heard the screams from Dan before I could try and save him. He was being devoured. And I was probably next. Three of the zombies started towards me. But they didn't stop. They went past me and on their knees and started to eat what was left of Richard. One sorta glanced at me but went back to eating.

Over the loud speaker a voice said, "This building will self destruct in 30 seconds."

No. I need to know how this happened. I need to help others! I ran to the cabinets and started looking for anything useful but found nothing. They must have just recently created the serum.