A Princess and A Soldier

"Thanks, sis." Sammy smiled and then taking a mouthful. You messed his hair up with your hand and sat down in the middle of your brothers.

"Alright, so the case. To me it sounds like a —" you started talking before eating, eager to hunt.

"No, no, no. Y/N, you aren't in on this. It's too dangerous, Princess." Your Dad gulped down his beer.

"Then that gives me more reason to go. To help." You retorted, eyes staring daggers into your father, "Are Dean and Sammy not on the case too?"

"Dad!" Dean uttered, Sammy looking just as upset as the both of you.

"Enough. Dean and Sam are helping but you are staying here, Y/N. End of story, end of discussion." He said slamming his fist down on the table.

You opened your mouth to plead your case, "End of discussion young lady."

You rolled your eyes and slumped back into your seat, pushing your food away, it's not like this was your first hunting trip...you, Dean and Sammy were raised hunting. "This is fucked up." You muttered under your breath.

"What did you just say?" He yelled at you, making the boys stiffen up slightly.

You stood up, taking a strong stance not backing down, "I said, this is fucked up, John!" You placed your palms on the table, and leaned up against it. "You always let the boys hunt, but I have to constantly beg you to let me. I get it! They are your boys, your soldiers. But, princesses can be soldiers too!" Your voice boomed fiercely and you tightened your jaw.

"You can be angry with me all you want Y/N, but you are still staying here." He stated. Final.

"Looks like I'm not going to be needing you boys tonight, I'm going out to take care of this. It should be easy. I'll be back in about three hours boys." He said, "Dean, " his oldest son looked back at him, "Go talk to your sister..." he ordered his soldier before he closed the door, the sound of the impala's engine soon faded.

"If it were up to me, we would all be there, taking care of the Djinn." You paused, angrily brushing your wet hair. "Here. We. Are."

"Uh, Y/N. You decent?" Your twins voice came from behind the door.

"Yeah, come on in." You called back.

"Listen, I know Dad not wanting you to do the case sucks but, he has his reasons, Y/N."

"Save it soldier." You mocked, holding your hand up, making him stop talking. "I just don't know why he treats me so much more differently than you and Sammy." You said sitting on the edge of the bed. "I've hunted before. He's taught me everything that you know." Your twin sat next to you on the motel mattress, "He lets Sammy hunt more than me and I know more than he does!" You raised your voice, baffled.

"I know. Dad," he sighed, "You remind him of Mom." He looked at you, it was like looking in a gender bending mirror.

"What do you mean? I— We look nothing like her, Dean." You began.

"I asked Dad a little while ago, why he doesn't really let you get your hands dirty with hunting." He stood and spun around to look at you again, "He said that you remind him so much of Mom. When you're out there with us, he's scared of loosing you too."

"Wow. I am an asshole..." you looked down and started picking at your nails.

"Don't worry about it, Sis. He know's that it bothers you, he doesn't like it either but he does it because he loves you." He placed his hand on your shoulder.