Chapter 1

On Artemis.

Diana sat up straight in her bed, a mere stinging sensation in her eyes from the light leaking through the sheer material that covered her window. Her cabin was larger than most, almost making the size of two put together. She crossed her legs over one another, rubbing the crusted sleep from the corners of her eyes and letting out a tired sigh. The silence in the wood was deafening but it wouldn't last for long. As she got up out of her bed, she loosened the bun that had kept her snow-White hair up during the night, and let it cascade down her back, reaching her mid thighs. Her skin tone was pale, but it was elegant, beauty glowing from within. Her relatives had always said she had the facial structure from her father, but she didn't see it. She felt like an out cast.

Her eyes were dark, almost black, brown and they were framed by thick, black lashes, accompanied by coarse dark eyebrows above. A high brow and cheekbones were chaperoned by a simple nose and delicate chin, escorted by a light sprinkling of freckles. Her body was toned and thin but beautiful in every way. Still naked, she created a complex braid in her hair before dressing in her training gear. She wore plain, brown, thermal leggings with brown leather boots to her knees, that were embroidered with gold thread; a short, leather, tunic-style top, fitted with a belt round her waist that held her sword: laced her brace that protected her arm onto her wrist and a brown animal hide hood with white fur on the inside.

After dressing fully, Diana looped her quiver full of arrows over her arm and grabbed her bow. The sun had just begun to rise as it reflected off the early morning, fresh powder snow that crunched under her boots on her walk to the stable. The village was small, everyone knew everyone. One school for the girls and one training facility for the young women. Diana was the madam of Artemis. Artemis was the name her father had given her at birth, but she never felt as though it fitted her, so she chose to go as what the mortals called her, Diana. She had not been back to Olympia since Zues banished her and she did not plan on going back. She preferred her life here and loved her sisters dearly, so she thought no reason to return. 

Upon reaching the stables, she reached behind the heavy, dark-oak barn door and unbolted the lock on her horses pen. The gate swung back to reveal a black shire horse by the name of Agape, which perked her ears at the sound of her handler. Diana tacked up Agape with a brown leather saddle and spit, where she then lead her out of the stable and mounted her. She commanded a gentle 'yah' in order to get Agape to perform a canter into the wood. Diana enjoyed the scenery of the ride, up until she reached the beginning of her shoot. A slither of tree trunk with a red ring and dot in the centre hung from a branch by a rope, acting as a target.

Releasing Agape's reigns, Diana slid her bow off her arm, slotted an arrow in and drew it back. She held her breath, letting loose of the arrow. The silver headed stick sliced through the air, embedding itself into the wood of the target with a thud. Once the first target was accomplished, Diana sped up, taking down every target she saw, all while Agape had turned to a gallop now, going faster and faster. Upon reaching the end of the so-called 'hunt', Diana felt amazing. Breathing heavily and smiling like an idiot, she slowed down, letting her horse rest.

Once her breathing had slowed and Agape had regained composure, Diana was about to turn back, go home to get her day started. Only she was stopped, by a noise. During observation of the noise, black magic could be seen through the trees. Now magic was common an Artemis, but it was usually dark green or purple, this was black like the night. Diana decided, as the madam, to investigate this. She edged forward, encouraging Agape to move but she wouldn't. She tried again, this time lightly tapping Agape, but only a grunt of disapproval was earned. Diana sighed, dismounting the horse and leaving it be, she investigated alone.

The goddess drew her bow in the unlikely event of a trespasser but couldn't shake the adrenaline caused by fear that shook her body drastically. Diana held her breath, walking slowly and keeping a sturdy fighting stance just in case. But when she got there, a strange figure with his back to her stood in the shadows of the trees. The figure was a man, evident by his broad shoulders, masculine armour and hunched posture, meaning they had tress passed. Diana pulled herself together as much as possible, pushing down her fear and spoke up.

"Did you know you're trespassing on my land, sir?" She said, her voice strong and filled with authority. Her presence had startled the man. He was clad in green and black leather and shoulder length black hair that made him look mysterious. He slowly turned his head, revealing a dears corpse in the snow before him, the ground stained Crimson. Her heart broke at the sight. "And that was my friend you just murdered." She said, this time her voice was bitter, as she spat it at him.

The man didnt completely turn, speaking instead. "I did know, actually. And that was why I did it." He said, his accent sounding familiar. 

"Asguardian." She said as more of statement than a question. He chuckled bitterly.

"I'm actually from Jutenhiem, but I was raised in Asgaurd yes." It clicked in her head. The familiarity of the situation made it feel like da ja vu. 

"Loki." She said through gritted teeth.

"Nice to see you too, Diana." He sniggered.

She pulled the bow back further, they were barely five feet apart, a shot from this range would kill him instantly. "Try anything and I won't hesitate." She warned. He put his hands up in surrender.

"Oh I won't."