Chapter 1: Dance Tonight

"Bye sweetie I  love you!" I heard my dad shout

Two Months in  Wilmington North Carolina felt so short. Two months spent at the beach and shopping and no worry about school or anything. It felt great to be going away from Texas.

The Airport in Dallas Texas was humongous and it was the first time I was flying alone by myself. I had flown before, back and forth to Wilmy and to Florida. Never by myself though, so this was new.. My dad dropped me off  since I'm going to visit my aunt Liz  and Uncle Jimmy  with their four kids. Yes Big family..

I have a huge family,  I never see. My older brother Cole who I never get the chance to see since he is in Tennessee with school. My other Uncle Lee, who lives in Florida with his wife and two kids. Family get togethers were great especially when it was the holidays but the past few years have been scarce on visits where the entire family came.

This would be the first time I'd see Aunt Liz and Uncle Jimmy in almost four years. I was very excited. Two months spent at the beach and shopping. It was gonna be great.

Once I got inside the airport I went straight to security so I could get through fast and get to where I have to board my plane, and get some food first. Best part of the Dallas Airport was the Chick Fil A. Literally the BEST PART.

"How are you today ma'am? Where are you headed?" The Security guard asked smiling

"Wilmington North Carolina for the summer. I'm doing great thanks for asking." I said

"Gosh Wilmy is beautiful. You have fun ma'am. Enjoy!"

Security went fast thankfully and finally I got some food. Now onto where I have to board the plane.. I loved airports and plane rides. It just makes me so happy I get to go to a new old place but everyone around me does too.

I kept walking, trying to fix how my arm was holding my backpack until I was face first on the floor.. Shit. Did I just run into someone? Oh my gosh no. My drink was everywhere Luckily not on my clothes but the cup was a couple feet in front of me. I noticed a hand out in front of me, I grabbed it and it helped me out. Thank god. I am so clumsy.

I
"I'm sorry thank you. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going." He chuckled.. God that laugh was enough to make the butterflies in my stomach go wild. I could see the sweet tea from my drink all over his shirt. I looked up so I could see his face and damnit...

"I'm sorry about your shirt."

"You don't have to apologize. It's okay, luckily I have an extra in my backpack. Easy fix. How are you? You hit the ground pretty hard." I nodded my head. He was knocking dirt off his phone screen.

"Is your phone okay?" 

"Yes it's fine. I have my trusty old case on it. It's alright. I'm Parker." He held my body trying to help me up right looking me straight into the eyes.. They were beautiful. He had these green eyes but they weren't fully green more of a blueish green with some orange specks. The smile on his face appeared and that's when my heart started racing. Who knew a smile could be so beautiful..

"Lucie. I'm so clumsy.." I smiled as we walked to sit down. "Where are you headed Parker?" I added once we were both sitting.

"Wilmington. You?" He said

"Me too." We were headed to the same place. I bumped into him and he was so nice about it. Stuff like this only happened in movies not to girls like me.

They called for boarding the plane. Standing up I grabbed my backpack and my phone which was in my hand.
"Well Goodbye. I'll see you around I guess."

"Lucie, would you wanna sit by me. Y'know on the plane?" I nodded my head, I would love that.

"I would love to.." We both walked onto the plane and found our seats.