Prologue

My elder sister, Leona, stood at the cliff's end overlooking a peaceful city. Her long, wavy, bright silver hair with bright light blue streaks cascaded down her back and blew in the strong gusts of cold wind. Her eyes trained on the seen below as I hid in the trees behind her, curiously watching what she did.

"Luxia!" My sister called out as she held out her right hand. A bright light shined from the ring-bracelet combined jewelry piece and flowed into the shape of a long staff.

She grabbed the staff and then slammed the bottom of it onto the ground. As she did so, the staff glowed and then she started glowing. Leona started chanting in an kunknown language. A large blast of light erupted from the staff and spread out towards the city below us. At the time I just gazed out in amazement as I watched what I used to call 'the light show'.

Leona then held her ringed hand up to the full moon and it shined in the bright silver moonlight. After she did so, Leona's light blue streaks and silver hair faded away as her hair turned to a deep, chocolate brown. Her hair also shortened to about shoulder length instead of knee length. It then fell out of it's curly ponytail and became loose and straight.

Leona turned around to face towards my direction and she then glanced through the trees and gave a loud sigh.

"I know you're there Carissa," She said in a half amused and half concerned voice. I felt a blush appear on my cheeks and I stepped out from behind the trees and into the moonlight. I stood there with my hands folded in front of me as my sister. She shook her head ina a disapproving manner. Suddenly a loud crack echoed out from the woods behind us and a low growl sound was heard coming from the direction that the sound just came from.

"Carissa!" Leona yelled out and lunges forward to grab my hands and pull me behind her. She held out her hands in a defensive position as she waited for whatever was coming from the forest.

Suddenly a large wolf, with ripped feathered black wings and two long horns protruding from it's head and back, jumped out from the shadows and lunged at us. It's large fangs glinting in the moonlight.

"Heaven's Power!" Leona yelled out while holding her ringed hand to the moon once more. As the moonlight struck the ring, it caused my sister to glow. The wolf froze in midair as my sister transformed. Her hair turned back to a silver color with it's bright light blue streaks. Her originally brown eyes turned silver and her hair grew to knee length and pulled into a large, curled ponytail. Suddenly Leona's appearance stopped changing as a silver and blue dress appeared on her along with white boots and gloves. Finally a golden tiara with sapphires dotting it appeared on her head and a matching amulet appeared on her to signify the end of her transformation officially.

"The Heavenly Mage!" Leona called out as she struck a pose and then finished with her introducing herself as "I am Princess Ciel!"

My eyes went wide as I once again stared at Leona in amazement and wonder. She quickly turned her head around and winked. I knew it meant I must not tell anyone of this - of her new identity after her transformation, of her power, or that I know she has such magical abilities.

After winking, she turned back around to face the monster and held out her right hand and a sword that was made of light appeared in it.

Leona then made the sword burn with fiery light and charged at the large creature. She sliced at it's chest, but the wolf blocked her attack with it's wings and then lunged at Leona.

She just barely dodged the wolf when it started flapping it's wings as if it thought that flying would give it the upper hand in this battle.

But Leona spread her own bright white feathered wings and flew with it. She lunged at it again this time catching it off guard and managed to get a long gash on it's chest.

But it just wasn't enough to kill it. The monster screeched in pain. Then it swiped it's claws at Leona. And she fell down onto the ground. Blood dropped from her body and the monster looked up at the rising sun and disappeared into a blackish purple mist. I quickly ran over to Leona and saw that she was barely breathing.

She had lost a lot of blood and had long claw marks on her. Leona game me a small smile before taking off her ring which caused her to transform back and the bracelet part retracted into the ring magically. She then seemed to have mustered all of her remaining strength and pulled my hand into hers before opening her eyes ever so slightly and whispered

"Protect our f-family and the w-world."