The Hero- Discontinued

The sun shone weakly over the lush green grass, spreading a sweet smell through the summer afternoon in a refreshing breeze. In the middle of the tall oak trees spread among the forest floor was a large house, It had an old design, but is was only a few years old. It had a sense of mystery and charm about it.It seemed elegant with it's wide double doors with silver handles and large clear windows, showing a part of what the strange yet welcoming house contained.
On the right side of the house was the window showing a room belonging to one of the children of the Ivarian family. In there sat a boy, around the age of twelve. He was reading a large book bound in worn leather, and on the pages he read through his floppy black fringe was a text that was highly advanced for the young boy, but his ocean blue eyes seemed to travel across the pages with ease as his pale fingers sat behind every right page, ready to turn it to continue his journey through the stories that lay within the heavy book.

However, this story does not focus on this intelligent boy. Instead, it focuses on his sister. An extraordinary girl with the strangest of gifts. Her name was peculiar but it suited her perfectly. And she sat in the room next to his, playing with a small doll made of wool. Her black hair just coming to an end underneath her jaw. The light shining through the window hit her hair in a way that showed how irresistible it was to touch, and her eyes. Her eyes seemed to be an endless sky of silver mixing with grey. The flecks of blue mocking shards of sapphire as her eyes shined with joy as the four year old entertained herself with the simple toy. Running her small, pale fingers through the brown hair of her doll as it smiled up at her.

As The girl played her Mother stepped into the room decorated with cuddly toys and blankets, smiling softly at her growing daughter as she closed the door quietly behind her. Her long black hair mocking the silkiness of her daughters as it swayed past her hips. The small yet extravagant earrings matching her greeny blue eyes as they shone with amusement as she sat on the girl's bed.

"Storm, it's almost time for our family photo" She said softly to her daughter, chuckling soon after once she saw the pout on the young girl's lips.

"But I don't like it." she said grumpily, setting her doll on the polished wood of the floor. "It makes my eyes hurt"

"It only takes a few minutes Storm. And once we're done you can continue playing, alright?"

Storm nodded. She wasn't like other children. With their tantrums and sulks. Her resilience and good nature was the result of her parents kindness and care as they helped their children grow into intelligent people.

Her Mother smiled as she picked up the small girl, making her giggle with delight as her Mother spun around, laughing at her daughters squeals of joy.
Eventually Storm was settled at her dressing table. Staring at herself in the mirror as she sat perfectly still as her mother combed through her short hair.
"You look very pretty, Storm." Her Mother said in her usual soft voice, setting the brush back on the table.
Storm frowned a little and looked down at the frilly fabric that flowed down her lap, coming to an end with small dark blue folds flowing down the tiny girl's legs.
"How does a dress like this make me look pretty?" She asked herself quietly.
A gentle knock that came at the door was Storm's only reply, and her Father came in. His tall figure casting a few thin shadows across the room as he smiled at his wife and daughter admirably.
"Your son is too absorbed in that book of his, Adria" He said, walking closer to his wife.
"You know he is one for books, Alden" Adria replied fondly, adjusting her husband's tie even though it was unnecessary "you must let him enjoy his youth while he can. Soon he'll be starting middle school"
Alden looked down at his wife, taking in her aging yet still beautiful face like he had for the past thirteen years and smiled.
"You know best" He agreed after a while.
"Who are you talking about?" Storm's high voice piped in curiously.
"Just your brother, Storm." Adria replied, taking Storm's hand in hers, lightly squeezing her small fingers. "Let's go."
Storm followed her parents out of the room, walking into the hallway where paintings by her mother were hung and a giant bookshelf overflowing with books for her Father, some new and glossy, most of them old and battered.

Jackson was already waiting downstairs, dressed smartly with a tie and a suit jacket as he sat in one of the luxurious armchairs, reading a different book he had stolen from one of his Father's shelves.
"Jacky!" Storm exclaimed, jumping onto her brother's lap and poking his pale cheek. "What are you reading?" She asked curiously, leaning close until her nose was only a few inches from Jackson's.
The young boy smiled at his little sister's enthusiasm and spoke quietly so only she could hear. "It's one of Daddy's books" He said, trying to match Storms limited amount of vocabulary as he pulled her in. letting their noses touch, making Storm giggle at the simple gesture of affection her brother made.

Unfortunately for the two siblings, their small moment was interrupted by a quiet knock on the door of the living room, alerting them of the maids presence.Storm Immediately squeezed underneath Jacksons back, hiding between him and the back of the armchair. Somehow The Maid's appearance sent chills up the young girls spine. She had curly hair that looked like fire, and her eyes were a piercing shade of green. Her expression was almost blank, and Storm couldn't think of one time she saw her smile.

"Ah, Rose." Adria smiled at the lightly freckled girl. " Have you got the camera ready?"

Rose nodded and stood behind the old-fashioned looking camera, even though it had the quality of any modern day camera. The Ivarians were rather strange in their sense of style. They liked to live in an old-fashioned environment in a modern day time. Explaining the use of furniture and clothing that had been passed down for generations.