Christmas Mission: The Return of Santa Cain

I woke up to the feeling that I was being bounced up and down. With an almost seasick feeling overtaking me, I sat right up. I opened my eyes to see my daughter and wife laughing sitting on the bed. Smiling and relieved, I reached over to hug them both.

"Good morning you brats", I laughed. It's Christmas eve, I should've figured they would be so excited. They're gone. That assclown can't get to them. I thought to myself.

Years ago, I went on quite the adventure. The night before Christmas, I was summoned by Santa Cain, Santa Claus' evil brother. He told me this BS story about how Santa Claus was evil and I needed to give him this serum to turn him back to normal in four hours. I kinda lost faith in Cain's story when he threatened to kill Emily (my now wife), Emmett (my best friend and Emily's twin), and most importantly my little brother Lee.  This little bear guy, Jason, confirmed my fears and worsened them when he told me that my family and the entire planet would be killed after Claus was dead. Long story short, Jason and I traveled all across the North Pole to E.L.F., the maximum security prison and ended up saving Santa Claus and the entire world. Cain ended up behind bars and has been there ever since. I guess a part of me has always been paranoid that something would happen again. People like Cain don't give up so easily.

I shake my head to rid my mind of those thoughts and grabbed my family into a group hug. "Even if he comes back", I thought to myself, "I won't let him hurt them".

"Hey, what's up", Emily asked me.

"Nothing. I'm just waking up", I smiled at her.

"I's practicin' for da bouncy cathle", Jamie, my daughter said. Her little toothy smile melted my heart. She just lost her front tooth and she's super pumped. Dang... She's got me wrapped all around those tiny little fingers of hers.

Ah yes, the princess bouncy castle. The bouncy castle she's been wanting all year. I wanted to get it for her a while ago, but Em said we had to wait. That same princess bouncy castle that still hasn't arrived yet although I ordered it a month and a half ago. I'm hoping that it comes in time, but I'm not sure it will.

"Well you're doing very well", I chuckled. Swinging my legs over the edge of the bed, I stretched and got up, "I'll see you guys down stairs". I went to the bathroom and handled my- wait, that's none of anyone's damn business.

Going downstairs, I saw Emily making breakfast with Jamie. Her back was turned me. I just stopped and watched. My girls... Damn, when did I become such a sap?

My phone rang and it snapped me out of my thoughts. I saw who it was and smiled, "Hey Lee. What's up", I asked walking over to the kitchen island.

"Nothing much. I just wanted to make sure we're still on for tonight", he asked. I needed help with some last minute things, and Emmett was stuck in an airport in L.A. and couldn't get a flight until late tonight.

"Yeah, we are. You gonna be okay", Lee and his wife Naomi have a young son named Theodore. I can only imagine that a little kid would trigger panic attacks more times than not. Let alone when the aforementioned child being sick at the holiday season.

"I'm fine, really", he replied.

"Thanks. I better get this princess bouncy castle. It still isn't here", I said dryly.

"Alright. I'll be there. I really hope that it gets here soon. I'm sick of hearing about it". That's my brother.

LATER THAT NIGHT