The Love between heaven and earth

When I was seventeen_. Her name was Shelly, and him Rick. They lived at the same street, studied in the same class, ate in the same school cafeteria, knew each other's names. They read the same books. They liked the same food. They had the same playlist in their music players. But they never talked to each other, because they avoided each other. It was going on till the day before high school prom.

Rick and I had been friends since the age of five. He's always been two heads taller than me. Black-haired and much too serious guy, he was a pretty bore. But he also was a true friend, he was good at math and helped my mother to carry the bags. Sometimes he seemed arrogance. But smiled at me. I was quiet and reticent, and, probably, for this reason, he believed that I had the same diamond brains as his. Deep down, I knew the day would come when things would change. Rick's parents, arrogant upstarts, - had decided his fate before his birth. His mother, a skinny flaxen-haired chick with a long nose and thin red lips, longed for him to go to the Law Faculty - only to Harvard - and communicate only with the right people. That made Rick surly and emotionless person. 

Shelly_. I'll never forget that sunny day. Last year, summer came to our small town on the outskirts of California, burning all around with its rays. Parents sent me out the supermarket to buy milk. Mom left for work, I lost my keys and was sitting on the steps of our house in waiting for father's awakening. Suddenly, from the small grassy-green house across the street, the ringing girlish laughter came to me. It was Shelly's voice — the ringing of bells, so fun and full of life. Shelly_.No taller than line of my shoulders. Golden hair like a bluebell in shape. She just came up to me, as if she did that every day, sat down next to me and dreamy looked at the sky. She didn't say hello or something trite, but just smiled. We were talking about different things. As Shelly made a joke about her dream of flying without planes, something happened.

"It's foolish thought," There was Ros's voice. We were taken by surprise with his suddenly coming back from the school. He was shifting from one foot to the other on the doorstep of his house and staring at Shelly. He probably wanted to say something else. "Rick! Come on here! I have an errands for you!" His mad mother's queaky voice cut an awkward silence. Rick gave us a cold look and came into his house. It was the most idiotic situation in my life. I reassured Shelly that he'd been always like that. Shelly just smiled. She was like sunlight - how could Rick not feel the same? Then the strangest thing started. Shelly was in our class. When we came to the school cafeteria, Rick took his tray of food, took the other place. When we called him to join, he turhed his back on us. In the mornings he use another road to not say hello. He ignored Shelley, wherever she was. And me, too. One day, I caught him near the school parkinglot to find out what's going on. The answer I got gave me nothing, except nervous tic. He dryly that said Shelly smiled too much, got on his bicycle and went away to the math tutor. Once, in a literature class, Shelly read her essay 'What if the heaven and the earth collide' - as if they were living beings. For the first time, I thought of Shelly as the heaven and of Rick as the earth. Definitely, there was something between them- gravity. "That's ridiculous," Rick said haughtily and left the classroom. The class and the teacher were also at a loss. Everyone was silent. Later, Shelley admitted that she knew why Rick had done that way. Sweetsshop her parents had opened last month was on the place where Rick's parents had planned to open a law office. They had had three judicial proceedings. Shelly's mom had sent her to give them a box of chocolates as a sign of peace. But Rick's mother had got furious she - had said Shelly worthless girl and slammed the door with such force. Before, I had thought of Rick as a sure of himself boy with his own opinion. For some reason, I felt something was wrong there. His reaction to Shelly was strange. The next day I was waiting for him in the parkinglot to give Rick a portion of granny advices of good behavior. My head was in the clouds, when suddenly I was hit on the shoulder. It was Alec - my classmate, 7-foot-tall, white-haired boy who terrorized everyone at our school with reading a rap he usually wrote in the classroom.