Chapter 1

Charlie

Three months after Cullens left

I couldn't handle seeing my little girl in so much pain. I called a friend of mine and asked if he'd come get her. She needs to move on from this place but I don't trust just anyone. She had started getting better when around Jake but he left her as well. Billy isn't even speaking to me and I'm to upset with his son to talk to him.

"Knock knock," a voice says as the door opens.

"In the kitchen," I say knowing who it is.

"Charlie, nice to see you again," Peter says with Charlotte following him.

"Wish I could say the same." I drag my hand down my face.

"How is she?" Charlotte asks.

"I'll show you," I say waving them to follow me.

We all make our way up the stairs and to Bella's door. I open it and there she sat in the rocking chair by the window. It's the same thing every day. She'll wake up from nightmares and will sit in that chair. She'll get up and use the bathroom but she'll be right back where she started. I look at Peter's face and see it's harden.

Peter

When Charlie opened his daughters door I hear a sob escape Charlotte's mouth. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. If she was this bad I wonder how Jasper is doing. I'd have to make a phone call to my favorite blond hair in the family to check in.

"Ho...how long has she been like this?" My mate asks.

"Since they left," Charlie sighs.

"That was what a month or so ago," Char says. "Right?"

"It's been three months and she has been like this since. That brother of his, Jasper is the one she keeps talking about," Charlie tells us.

"May I have a moment alone with her?" I ask looking at Charlie.

"Sure, but don't expect her to give any notice to you. She hasn't spoken to anyone in three months."

"Char, take him downstairs and see what you can get from him about her state. I'm gonna try to break through to her," I whisper quietly so Charlie won't hear me.

She nods and leaving the room. Charlie gives a pained look to his daughter. I frown knowing this is gotta be hard seeing her like this.

"Isabella, my name's Peter Whitlock," I see her head turn towards my voice so I continue, "I'm here because your dad is worried. I'm also a friend of someone who is in just as much pain as you. Someone who has been on your mind since the last time you saw him."

"Jas...Jas...Jas," she says crying.

"Yes, Jasper. Ya know he wouldn't want ya hurtin' like this," I say truthfully.

About that time my phone buzzes with a call.

"Major," I say.

Putting it on speaker so Isabella could hear his voice.

"Fucker, where are you and the lil lady? I'm in need of a visit with family," he says.

Isabella starts sobbing quietly and I smile at her.

"We're a bit busy right now. Head to the ranch and we should be there by the end of the week."

"You guys need help?"

"Nope we've got it covered." I hang up.

Isabella looks at me with tears in her eyes. I smile and open my arms for her. She comes rushing into my arms and starts crying. If I was still human I'd be crying with her. Major didn't sound to great when we talked and it killed me to know he was hurting.

"I do... don't want...to be...sad...anymore," she says between sobs.

"We'll fix it, but first we gotta get you better. Charlie wants to send ya with Char and I," I tell her.

"Does he know about you?" She asks. "What color are you eyes?"

"No he doesn't and it'll stay that way. My eyes are red, but don't you worry your pretty little head about it. We only hunt criminals, so you're in no danger with us."

"But, I don't want to leave. What if they come back?"

"Lil' bit they ain't coming back. I hate telling ya that but it's true. Pack some clothes and things ya wanna take with us and I'll let your dad know okay?"

"Okay," she nods not sure if she's buying it.

I head downstairs to let Charlie and my mate know Isabella would be coming with us. We'd be heading to Texas but I wasn't sure if we'd be staying or not. I know Jasper and Bella can't see each other until Bella is healthy.

"She's packing and we'll be leaving tomorrow morning. I'll give ya the rest of the night to spend with her. Char, I think we should head back to the house and clean up before we leave."

"Thanks Peter," Charlie says.

When y'all get to the ranch Jasper and Bella will see each other. We need to be ready for it to go either way.

Thanks ya cryptic bastard. I grab Charlotte's hand and we bid our goodbyes to the Swan family for the night.

"Thanks Peter. Will you guys be back for breakfast?"

A/N: Up next will be jasper and Bella seeing each other since the first time. Watch for the next chapter. Til next time....