THE GODDESS OF THE CROWN

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ THE GODDESS OF THE CROWN ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

( DAUPHIN FRANCIS VALOIS II OF FRANCE )

" The Reign of Empress Valentina di Biagio de' Medici of the Italian Nations has been deemed by many reputable historians as the turning point for the 16th century

" The Reign of Empress Valentina di Biagio de' Medici of the Italian Nations has been deemed by many reputable historians as the turning point for the 16th century. Geneticists have proved that she descends directly from the great Lorenzo the Magnificent. Her grandfather was the late eldest son of the magnificent, Biagio di Lorenzo de' Medici, who died in 1486, along with his wife, at the age of fifteen. They were among the first reported cases of what has come to be referred to as the "Sweating Disease." The couple was survived by their only heir, a three-month-old baby named Lorenzo di Biagio de' Medici.

This is where the "Medici Curse" legend originated. According to archives, the House of Medici sank into despair following the death of Lorenzo the Magnificent's heir. Years later, the death of Lorenzo the Magnificent was thought to mark the end of House Medici. In communication between Emperor Lorenzo di Biagio de' Medici and his Hand, the dreaded threat of the demise of House Medici is established.

As the Italian Wars raged on and their Emperor neared the age of 53, numerous citizens began to worry about the empire's future, as represented in a painting of a street brawl titled "The Heir-less Empire." [This riot took place on the Emperor's 52nd name day and resulted in ten deaths].

As the Winter ended The Empress consort gave birth to the heir of the Italian Nations, Valentina di Biagio de' Medici, on March 9th, 1537. The late Emperor proclaimed Valentina di Biagio de' Medici as his sole successor before his death in 1556. Leaving the title of crowned Prince to his beloved bastard, Apollinaris di Biagio de' Medici.

Valentina di Biagio de' Medici was crowned at what historians assume is the lost St. Valentine Cathedral two days after the late Emperor's death. During her year-long stay at the French court, the Empress ended the Italian Wars in 1557. When she returned, her subjects christened her "Valentina the Magnificent." The Empress' subjects' loyalty was strengthened further by her marriage. Her reign bolstered Europe and the Italian nations' might. Her beauty and impact can still be felt in the present world; a statue of the Empress exists a little less than 500 years later in the Medici Museum, which was dedicated in her honor by her husband, Emperor Consort Francis Valois II King of France. "

- The Empress: A History of the Medici Reign by Dr. Alexandria Luca.

。☆✼★━━━ DISCLAIMER

。☆★━━━ DISCLAIMER

I do not own the television show, "Reign", or its plot. I do however own my original characters and their respective storylines. Respectful, constructive criticism is gladly asked for. Any derogatory comments toward others will be blocked and reported. Remember to choose kindness.

。☆★━━━ DEDICATION

This story is dedicated to all of my loyal readers! Thank you for supporting this story, and for continuing to provide your support through the hiatus as well as the re-write of this story. I hope you all enjoy the new & improved TGOTC. xx

。☆★━━━ AUTHOR'S NOTE

My lovely readers, thank you for your kindness. Your PM's over the years, and questions on my message board have all been read. I admire the love you all hold for my story, & I am truly happy to share this with you once again.

I will not be discontinuing this story, but please do acknowledge that there will be slow updates. This is due to the fact that I have recently begun university!

Thank you for giving this story a read, I hope you enjoy it! x

。゚☆: *. .* :