⠀⠀𝟮𝟮. ❛ SHE'S KEROSENE ❜

ABLOCATE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME ONE
━━ ❛ 𝒔𝒉𝒆'𝒔 𝒌𝒆𝒓𝒐𝒔𝒆𝒏𝒆 ❜

ABLOCATE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME ONE━━ ❛ 𝒔𝒉𝒆'𝒔 𝒌𝒆𝒓𝒐𝒔𝒆𝒏𝒆 ❜

chapter no. 022!

❪ 𝚃𝚆 : 𝙼𝙴𝙽𝚃𝙸𝙾𝙽𝚂 𝙾𝙵 𝚂𝙴𝚇𝚄𝙰𝙻 𝙰𝚂𝚂𝙰𝚄𝙻𝚃

❝ IN DENIAL.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

     THE CONCEPT OF HAVING A "NORMAL CHILDHOOD" IS ONE THAT I HAVE NEVER UNDERSTOOD. Human life is sprinkled with conflict, worry, high peaks of happiness, and rock-bottom lows, triumphs, disappointments, broken hearts, and unpredictability. So, how can one take the period of one's childhood and reduce it to a notion of normality? What exactly does invoking this concept conceal and isn't the ideology behind having a normal childhood a wistful, childlike fantasy that we wish were true?

     My version of a "normal childhood" was nowhere near the illusion that was painted as reality. Growing up, my father kept me as sheltered and safe as he could. Much of my time was spent indoors and playing with our family cat—Blue—who I allegedly named after my father brought her home and asked me to say the word 'cat' and I, instead, responded with the word of my favorite color. I was only two years old.

     Aside from time spent with Blue, I spent a good chunk of my childhood watching my father struggle with a cocaine addiction and attempt to hide the double life he had with the Red Scorpions. A process I tried my hardest to help him in.

     Despite him and Hennessey Lu being engaged, they never lived together and I rarely saw Hennessey or Kirk. My interaction with anyone aside from my father was limited to no one but myself, and Le as I got older.