The Gambler

"Room twelve..." Kirishima muttered to himself as he wandered the hallways of the university residence. He had been excited for this, eager to start his new life at a student of higher education, excited to be living away from home and to meet his new roommate. He felt like a new person already and he hadn't even unpacked yet.
The redhead opened the door using the keycard he had picked up in the RA's office, wondering if his roommate would be here already. He hadn't gotten much information on who he was staying with, just that his name was Kaminari Denki.
He stepped into the room and was immediately greeted by two bright smiles. So far so good.
The one on the bed was blond with a black streak in his hair, and the one on the floor had black hair.
"Hey! You must be Kirishima." The blond greeted.
"Yeah...Kaminari?"
"That's the name!"
Kirishima grinned. Five minutes in and he was already making friends. This was better than high school by far.
And especially better than middle school.
"This is Sero." Kaminari pointed at the boy on the floor, who waved cheerfully. "We're friends from high school."
"Hey. What course are you taking?"
"Uh..." Kirishima shrugged. "Fine arts."
"Nice. I'm in business administration." Sero said.
"And I'm in IT." Kaminari added.
"We've got a well rounded group." Kirishima pointed out. "We could be the next Queen."
"Mama....I killed a man!" Kaminari sang.
"Put a gun against his head," Kiri joined in.
"Pulled the trigger, now he's dead!" Sero piped up.
Kaminari laughed. "You guys should add me on TikTok."
"You do NOT have TikTok. Please tell me you don't have TikTok!" Sero cried.
"I do. I have four hundred followers."
"Denki, you're cancelled."
"Blocked and reported." Kirishima laughed.
"So, Sero, did you meet your roomie yet?"
"No. I don't know when he's going to show up."
"We could go check now, see if he's here."
"We could." Sero shrugged. "You wanna come with us, or do you want to unpack?"
Kirishima thought for a moment.
"I'll get started on unpacking and then meet you guys there."
"Great." Sero got up off the floor. "We're right across the hall."
"See ya later, dude." Kaminari hopped off the bed and exited the room alongside Sero, leaving Kirishima alone to get settled.
He threw his suitcase onto the free bed, zipping it open to reveal all his posters, stacked neatly on top of his clothes.
He grabbed the sticky tac from the front pocket and began to decorate the wall above his bed.
A lot of the posters he had were from his favourite 80's rock bands, but others, the most treasured ones, were of his favourite comic superhero, Crimson Riot. He had tons of fan art and official art, figures and shirts, but he had left most of it at home. He still brought his favourites, though. He couldn't feel at home without them there.
When he finished, he decided to see if Sero's roommate had appeared.
He slipped across the hall, about to knock on the door, when he heard a voice speak up behind him.
"Hey, dumbass, is this room thirteen?"
Kirishima stepped to the side, turning so he could see who was speaking to him.
He felt his heart stop completely when he glimpsed that familiar face, the jawline that had grown even sharper over the past few years, the aggressive red eyes, those pink lips that spoke with such a nice voice.
Bakugou Katsuki lived right across the hallway.
Maybe university wouldn't be so great after all.

I hope you all enjoyed the first chapter! I always post about updates for my fics on my Instagram story (@shickzander). I don't have a cover yet because I've got a lot of homework right now, but I've got something in the works. For updates on THAT, see my art Instagram (@shick.zander) or my art Tumblr (shickzanderart)
Anyway. Enjoy the rest of the fic. I'll try to post as much as I can!