Chapter One:

Kurt walked aimlessly down the halls of Dalton Academy. Kurt had transferred to Dalton two months ago. He wasn't in a rush because he had a ten minute break in between his third and fourth hour classes. Kurt stopped at his locker to grab his books.

Kurt glanced at everyone around him. They were busy talking and goofing off with one another. Kurt had tried everything he knew to make friends but no matter what he did no one seemed interested in talking to Kurt.

With his head down, he speed walked through the black and white Dalton hallways into his next class. Kurt's fourth hour was pigmentation class. Every year schools thought this was necessary to teach to kids of all ages. Kurt sat down behind his light, wooden desk.

Mrs. Joy addressed the class, "I know what you're thinking, I've taught for over 30 years. I know exactly what runs through each of your brains. Today we're going to talk about colors again." All of them groaned in agony. Again? Did the government not already realize that we had already learned this stuff a million times?

Kurt rearranged the school supplies on his desk. He took his black notebook and slid it, as well as every other shade of grey pens and my white textbook to the left. Kurt stared back up at Mrs. Joy and pretended to pay attention as he tapped his light grey pencil on the desk.

David sat next to him. His head rest on his arms as he snored loudly. No one bothered to move him. No one cared anymore. Even the teacher was tired of lecturing us on this topic.

    "But Mrs. Joy! I've already started to see colors!" A short boy with dark grey skin and white hair complained. "Since I started dating Alyssa remember?" He was such a showoff. Kurt rolled his eyes. He ran his fingers through his jet black hair. It was 10:00 in the morning. Did they expect a bunch of seniors to pay attention?

Kurt straightened his white polo shirt with a swirly black design. He brushed off his black sweater vest and tightened his light grey tie.

    School had just started a few weeks ago. All the new coming Seniors were hoping and praying that they would start to see colors. Ever since the Endearment Era in 1909, no one had seen any other colors beside black, white, and every hue in between. Apparently some scientists 200 years ago had decided that the world had gone to crap and that everyone needed to be more "loving". So the United Nations and the European Union and all the other ally countries or whatever met up and decided that in order to create peace, and love, and unicorns, and rainbows, and all that other crap no one cares about, they had to strip everyone of their abilities to see colors. Unless you had truly felt love. Like love, love. Not the whole I love my parents kind of love. It's the boyfriend-girlfriend type of love. Meaning, if you've ever met the love of your life, you get to see colors. Yes, it's dumb.

    So if you were married and you loved your partner, you could see colors. Both of my parents, and their parents, and their parents, etc. Sometimes, it wasn't always that way. You could go to a bar and have a small 30 second conversation with the bartender and then the next day you see what adults call red or blue or yellow. You could walk down the busy streets of New York city and ram into someone, scream at them, then start seeing colors a few hours later.

    Kurt supposed that makes dating a little easier. There would be no break-ups or struggling to find the right person for you. You would only date them if they made you start to colourate, as they called it. Which meant to start seeing colors for the first time.

Sometimes dating would be harder. Because if you were one of those people that randomly bumped into a stranger and began to colourate, you would search nonstop until you found each other again.

Kurt yawned. He zoned out. He pretty much knew everything that anyone could ever know about this. And not by choice.

"Pop quiz tomorrow!" Mrs. Joy called out as everyone rushed out of the classroom to get to their next class. Kurt had English next.

Kurt's dad Burt had transferred Kurt from William McKinley High School when the bullying got too bad. Kurt was constantly being shoved into lockers and tossed into dumpsters. They teased him for his beautiful, shiny black hair. Kurt always shrugged it off and convinced himself that they were jealous.

The kids at McKinley also ridiculed him for being in the Glee Club, or the more competitive choir. They made fun of his unusually high voice. They called him all kinds of names for being gay.

Kurt had made friends in Glee Club and he always met up with a few of them on the weekends. Just last weekend he had met up with his two best friends, Rachel and Mercedes for a sleepover.

(flashback)

"So Boo, have you made any friends?" Mercedes had asked him. Kurt shrugged.

"I swear I'm trying 'Cedes but no one seems to want to talk. My roommate is nice. His name's Marvin. He's in the Glee Club. On the bright side, auditions were last week and I'm really hoping to participate in the Warblers. I'm just waiting to hear from Wes. Maybe I'll make some friends there!" Kurt had smiled.

"You'll have friends anytime now Kurt, I wouldn't be worried." Rachel comforted him and patted his shoulder. "Plus, you're so talented. They would be stupid to reject you.

"Thanks Rach. I love you two so much. Tell the Glee Club I said 'hi' for me." He hugged them both.

(end of flashback)

Today was the day when Kurt found out if he made the cut. At the end of the day he excitedly skipped to the commons room. He ran to the bulletin board and found the paper that was hung up. It read:

The Warblers Final Cast List:

Wes Segura

Blaine Anderson

Nick Wilson

Jeff Browne

Thad Abel

Kurt Hummel

Trent Stewart

David Smith

Shawn Donerson

Joseph Rigo

Emilio Alcorn

Marvin Smith

Kurt read his name. Then read it a few more times. When the realization finally hit him that he had made it, he had to resist the urge to jump up and down. He felt the happiest he had felt since he transferred. He grinned. Maybe this year wouldn't be as bad as he had thought it to be!

~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading!

If you enjoyed please, comment, share and vote!