Chapter 42

AVATIA'S POV

Even though I felt bad that we didn't paint as planned, I knew it was for the better. Ana and I sat watching the last episodes of 'awkward' when I felt his presence on the sofa next to the one I was sitting on.

"Don't you get tired of watching this shit, Analise?" He asked in a bored tone.

Ana playfully shot him with a pillow. "Shut up, what do you know? I'm not like you who enjoys watching National Geographic channels."

That peeked my interest. There was a lot that I didn't know about this guy. "You love plants and animals?."

Ana rolled her eyes. "The dude is obsessed with that tv channel. Can you imagine? How boring?"

Dre shot her back with the pillow. "Keep trying me and see what I'd do to you some day." He said, amusement lingering in his voice. This was a new beginning. I was not completely used to this playful side of Dre.

Ana studied him for a bit. "You know, you need a hair cut. Your hair has grown so long."

I watched Dre touch his hair. "You're right. Do call Gian to come over, will you?"

Ana nodded and took her cellphone. "I'm on it boss."

I reduced the volume and watched as she called Gian which I assumed was Dre's personal barber. Once she was done, I increased the volume and Dre sighed in frustration again. I giggled. "Sorry boss."

He looked at me and smirked. "You still owe me some punishment."

It was my own turn to sigh in frustration.

He chuckled. "Sorry princess." He teased.

I blushed because he used my words against me.

"Mhmmm......I'm still here guys." Ana teased and I blushed even more.

Dre chuckled. "You're crazy, you know that right?"

Ana burst out laughing as she nodded. "Gian would be here in ten minutes." She said to Dre, then turned to me. "Ana please keep this boss of ours company, I need to check the food."

I looked at Ana in the eyes to figure out what she was trying to do. Probably playing matchmaker. Oh Ana. When she was gone, I turned to him. "How's your hand now?"

He shrugged. "Much better. Those drugs actually worked some magic." He admitted and I was glad to hear that.

We all kept watching the show till Gian showed up. Just looking at Gian, I didn't need to think twice to know he was gay. He had piercings and tattoos all over his body and he acted like a complete girl. He reminded me of my cousin, Kenny. I shook the thought off, I'll get to see him next week. I couldn't wait. We all walked to the multipurpose room and Gian (who I was glad could speak in English), couldn't stop making me laugh with all his jokes. It was so easy to bond with him. It felt like I had known him for years.

"Avatia, can you believe it, my mom chased me out with a spatula." He said laughing like a kid at his own reverie. "My mom's a case study."

I shook my head in amusement. "No. Your mom is better. There was this time when my mom followed me to school to be sure I ate my packed lunch. Can you imagine the looks I got from the other kids? Principal Levy even tried to send her home but she refused." I told him and laughed at his shocked expression. Dre even chuckled. I smirked because I knew he was listening all this while despite the fact that he acted all bored and uninterested.

Gian finished cutting his hair and started washing it. I couldn't stop staring at how handsome he was. This guy sure was made on Christmas Day.

"I really don't know what my mom has against my sexuality though. I mean I don't see anything wrong with it." Gian said casually as he applied more shampoo on Dre's hair.