W I L L B Y E R S (3)

It was Wills 13th birthday and of course you had to get him something

It was Wills 13th birthday and of course you had to get him something. After everything with the Upside Down, Will was... different.

It was the evening of the 22nd of March 1984, also known as the birthday of the youngest Byers. You walked up to the Byers door, the gift in your arms. You knocked on the door and after a few seconds it flew open, revealing Joyce Byers.

"Y/N, you're finally here!" Joyce smiled at me.

"Sorry it took me so long, I had to finish up the present." I gestured to the gift.

"Oh, wonderful! Come in." Joyce opened the door wider.

I stepped into the Byers home. Jonathan was washing up some plates in the kitchen. He smiled at me, he was like my brother and I was like his sister.

"Will's in his room." Jonathan told me.

I nodded in response and walked towards Wills room. I stood outside his room and knocked on his door.

"Come in." His voice spoke.

I opened his door to reveal Will. His hair slightly ruffled, but it still remained in a bowl shape.

"Y/N!" He jumped up and ran to me.

I placed the present on the bed as he gave me a bear hug.

"I started thinking you would never come." Will spoke softly.

"I wouldn't miss this for the world." I hugged him tightly.

After a while we slowly let each other go. We both sat on his bed.

"I got you a gift." I smiled at him, handing Will the present.

"What is it?" He asked me.

"You have to open it to find out. Duh." I smiled at him.

He carefully opened the present. I bit my lip, I hope he likes it. He fully opened it and looked down at it. He looked up at me, a few tears fell from his eyes.

He opened the book, revealing pictures of us, the rest of the party, Joyce and Jonathan. Little notes written across the paper.

"It's half empty." He said.

"Actually, it's half full." I smiled at Will.

He put the scrapbook down on his bed. He smiled, the biggest smile I've ever seen.

"Thank you. Thank you so much, Y/N/N. This is the greatest gift anyone has given me." He wipes his tears and then mine, which I didn't notice had fallen from my eyes.

We just smiled at each other, which felt like a million years. We both slowly moved in, our lips connecting for a few seconds.

"This is the best birthday." Will spoke, still smiling.

"Ever?"

"Ever."