Worry

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

There was a lack of purple in the room, and someone paused as concern began to eat at her mind. That worry, however, vanished when embarrassment took its place.

It was the first time that she could remember him looking completely shocked. "(F/n) ... you're early." She couldn't tell if he was angry or not, but he certainly seemed out of sorts. He placed the folder on the table and went to stand, but she held her hands out and shook her head.

"It's fine. You can stay sitting." She smiled and lowered her hands. "I'm early. No need to rush or anything." Her smile fell a little when he didn't return it. Hesitantly, she shifted her weight between her feet and became nervous. "You're not mad ... are you?" (F/n) was tempted to bite her lower lip, but she instead released a sigh when he shook his head.

"No, just ... You startled me." He sat up straight in his chair and indicated to another in the room. "Please, have a seat." Edmund pushed back his loose strands of hair, which fell in front of his face again. A slight groan left him, but a chuckle left her. His eyes met hers again, and she was laughing lightly behind her right hand. She always knew how to look stunning, yet his present appearance was a mess, or so he thought anyway.

"You should leave them." She stepped over to the table and close to the chair to his left. "Your hair looks nice like that."

Slowly, his hand drifted down from his forehead. "I am done with my meeting, but I still ..."

"Your workers won't mind. Besides, there's only the cashier on the store floor right now, and I doubt that customers will recognize you unless they've met you before." He remained silent, waiting to be convinced more, and he was inwardly entertained that she had cut him off. She was taking after him, but he didn't desire for her to do that too often. "And, I think that they'll like the look too." Edmund continued not to let a word slip past his lips, and she was about to seat herself out of nervousness until her eyes landed on his black tie.

"But," she reached over and grabbed it while his eyes followed her every movement, "you may want to put this back on." Her eyes focused on his, and she could finally note amusement in them. That eased her heart and mind.

"You do have a point." He held out his hand to take the tie from her, but, admittedly, she surprised him again. Instead of handing it to him, she closed the distance between them and rested the tie around his neck. Not a syllable was able to leave him. Rather, he focused on how her hands glided over the fabric of his shirt, but he could feel her fingertips through the cloth. They were like delicate kisses teasing him.

It didn't help that if he stared straight ahead, his eyes were be aligned with her chest. Was she really not aware of that? She couldn't have been; she must've not noticed. Refusing to keep his eyes there, he peered down to his lap. "Why did you come early?" Her fingers paused momentarily before they continued their delicate touches around his neck and upper chest.

"I wanted to surprise you." A smile tugged at his lips, then. She tied the knot at the top, and her fingers' movement seemed like that of a gentle, receding wave as they drifted away. He'd love to pull them back and have them pressed firmly on his chest.