Call Me By Your Name

"-And they lived happily ever after." I finished the children's book before setting off down. It did it's job of helping me put my boisterous child to sleep. The once energetic boy was now snoring softly.

I grabbed the covers and tucked him in properly before kissing his forehead. "Goodnight, Hale." I whispered, even though said boy was asleep.

I slowly exited the room, leaving the door open just a crack, enough to let the light through.

I went downstairs where I found my husband setting out the popcorn and drinks.

"Is he asleep?" He said as he came to kiss me softly.

"Yeah, finally!" I sighed in feigned annoyance.

My husband chuckled in response, "well, he's definitely gone on you." He earned a playful nudge for that and my best angry pout.

"Come on, we've got Call Me By Your Name on." Changed the subject, smart move. I guess our 2 year marriage taught him something about my stubbornness.

We huddled on the couch with a blanket and popcorn as the movie played. I threw my popcorn at the screen when either one of the characters annoyed me. The sexual tension was increasing between the characters right until the finale where I let my tears fall along with Elio's. Stupid Oliver!

I punched my husband.

"Ow, what was the for?" He accused. Wasn't it obvious!?

"Your name is Oliver, duh!" My Oliver looked at me disbelieving-ly.

"That doesn't mean you can hit me." He scolded calmly, like he did with Hale

"Yes it does! Your name is Oliver and so is that idiots!" Tears started firming in my eyes once again at the thought of the man and what he did to Elio! It doesn't even matter if Elio did the same to that girl what ever her name is!

Oliver (the more better and handsome one in my opinion) looked at me as if I've lost my mind before smirking as if he had the greatest idea in the world.

"Well then, I guess you should call me by your name, Oliver." Well, he's no Einstein, that's for sure.

"Don't be stupid, Oliver." It was my turn to treat the man as a child.

"Uh uh uh, that ain't your name, now is it?"

"No, it's yours!"

"Come on, T-Oliver, call me by your name."

I noticed his blunder, well actually correctness as he was about to accidently say my actual name.

"No. Technology these days destroying people's minds! No more shows for you mister!" I chastised my husband. I've got to admit, it's nice being the more mature one for once!

"Funny you should say that, considering this technology was how we met." I blushed at the reminder of my embarrassing dating profile. Ugh how did I even possibly get a date that lead to marriage I have no idea.

"Shut up!" I spluttered.

"Maybe I will, if you call me by your name." He smirked. What an idiot.

"Nun uh, that's as embarrassing as my Sinder profile."

"Oh honey, nothing is as embarrassing as that. Or is your, and I quote, "twinky ready for the dinky" as you so eloquently said.

My face went beetroot red. Oh 18 year old me, what were you thinking! Well obviously I wasn't thinking.

"That was years ago! And besides, I still got you!" I said, trying to relieve myself from some of the embarrassment.

"I felt sorry for you, so I thought I'd be nice."