THE FIRST KILL

"Cease fire." called out Sargent Parker, as silence rang out over the firing range a single shot rang out and Parker yelled out " who the fuck was that?". "Sir my rifle misfired." PFC. Steele replied. " make sure, it doesn't fucking happen again." " Yes Sir!" replied Steele. "Ok boots hit the showers we have early start in the morning be up, dressed and on the squad bay by 0200." Parker ordered. As they walked up the stairwell an announcement came over the load speaker " All boots are to report to the squad deck for orders they turned around and headed back down the stairs they lined up on the pavement in front of them stood Sargent Parker and General Foresight. " Men, the United States has just been attacked by AlQada Terrorists. By order of the President all of you will be expedited through BMT your parents and families have been informed of this occasion, so as of tomorrow you will all be Marines. That is all. Get some. Semper Fi Marines."

Two months later... a convoy of Humvees pulls out of a gate headed on a patrol in Bagdad Iraq. " Radio check this is kilo sierra two niner." "hard copy kilo sierra two niner." came an answer across the radio. Parker looked over at Lt Daniels and said. " well at least we got working radios this time." but before Lt could reply their humvee was upside down and Sargent Parker was thrown out of the Humvee as he looked up he noticed a gaping hole in the side of his Humvee and as he called out for Lt he felt a burning pain in his calf but he got up and gave the order to set up a perimeter around the flipped Humvee. as he did so shots rang out then he saw Lt Daniels in between him and the enemy position. " Covering fire!" he yelled. As his men opened fire he ran out and threw Daniels over his shoulder and ran back over to the cover of the Humvee. He saw that Lt was unharmed, Lt said " what the fuck was that?" "Sir that was a RPG. " Damn that was close!". said Daniels "A little to close for comfort." replied Parker, " Damn right!" Daniels responded. As Parker looked over his shoulder he saw two of the Taliban fall as they tried to run away in a hit and run form, " well that takes care of them for now." said PFC Steele. Parker looked over at him and said "Son their dead." And then he notices that Steele is turning pale and starting to vomit, this was his first kill. As they loaded into the three remaining Humvees and as they drove away from the turned over Humvee it erupts into fire. "Holy shit! Glad we made it out of there." Said Lt Daniels.

Now "safely" away from the crash site Parker informed his unit of the upcoming rally point " men this is where we get off to meet up with Delta company. From there we will continue on foot for 2 mikes, our objective is a weapons depot containing RPGs, AKs, And Heavy mgs." As they exited the humvees there was an ominous quiet over the village, as they entered the village Parker said" that its quiet, almost to quiet." As soon as he said that all hell breaks loose as they're hit by a barrage of small arms fire and mortar rounds. "Spread it out. Radio." Yelled Parker. " Here Sir." Replied Jimmy Daniels. " Firebase Tigers Claw I need HE rounds on coordinates 34 shift to rooftop 35."