/| • INTRO

• KYLEE JAMES •

As I walked down the narrow street I swung my backpack over my shoulder and pulled out my iPhone 6 Plus, I texted my mother and as always she was a little bit late coming over here being that she owns her own salon that's on the other side of the town from my school.

My curls brushed against my face with the cool wind breezing, I took out my headphones and blasted Do you understand by Shy glizzy.

As I looked up I seen my mothers Grey Toyota Camry pull up making me get in the car and she Shot me a smile.

"Hey how was School?" She asked while driving.

"It was coo." I responded back short.

"You know  Kylee, you need yo hair done you always wearing your natural hair how bout you try a sew in or something for once?" She Said and I rolled my eyes

"For what? Leave outs damage your hair." I Said putting my curls in a high messy bun.

"What about a lace?"

"It takes out your edges, I only do braids ma." I Said and she sighed.

"I'm just trying to let you try something new Kylee." She said putting her weave behind her ears.

I admired my mother she was brownskin, stood about 5'6 and she had wide hips and a nice figure she had that babyface and those almond eyes and those plump lips that I have everybody says she's my twin, she's only lighter than me...

My father no where to be found, my mother says he's a nice chocolate man and that's where I get my color from....

I rolled down the window as we rolled up to the regular projects where we stay, Kids was playing outside looking like their diapers needed to be changed, old men was hanging out smoking & drinking dealers were plotted all around the neighborhood doing what they do.

"Go to your room & do your homework." My mother said while still in the car.

"Why? Ain't you staying here?" I questioned her and she rolled her eyes.

"I have to go back to the damn shop Kylee, now go do your homework and remember lock the doors AS soon as you get in!" She Said yelling from the window while pulling out the sturdy driveway making me shake my head and take out the keys unlocking the door.

The steps were cracked and stooped and had a pissy neighborhood smell, my mother never wanted to move away from the PJ's but I insist we should.. it's not good around this area and my mother has too much money for us to stay here she says because she grew up in the neighborhood or whatever.

I took off my book bag slanging it against the couch, taking off my Gatorade Jordan's and my orange coat and heading to the kitchen to snack on some gummy worms and watch One on one.

If my mama really thought I was about to do my homework soon as I got in from school, she trippen.

I decided to text my Bestfriend Katoria, See what she was doing.

Katoria was a light skin girl, pretty pink plump lips a coke bottle figure boys love & one girls would die for her hair was straight and wavy and went pass her butt.

Sometimes I wish I looked like Katoria she was a beauty. I feel like I'm just plain.

Katoria decided to
Come over she walked in with her black fitted leggings, her crop top that was black that read "Pretty" in white and her white & black checkerboard vans.

Her straight long wavy hair dazzled while she walked and complimented her pretty light skin tone. And her plump pink lips was sucking on a lollipop while having her headphones in.