The Special Day

I wake up at 5 in the morning, because today is a big day.

Today is the day that Olympus was saved by seaweed brain.

Today is the day where Percy denied immortality for me.

Today is the day when we got a new prophecy.

Today is Percy's birthday.

I get a cab, and head over to Sally's to plan his party. I'm still groggy, but wide awake. I pay the driver and head to Percy's apartment, and knock lightly not to wake him up.

"Hi." Sally says quietly.

"You ready?"

"Yes." She grins and we walk inside.

An hour later, she finished the blue cake and pancakes. I start to call up the 7, and try to rent the party ponies.

All of the seven said they could make it, but Leo tried to come up with a stupid excuse.

"Ooohh yeah.... um I'm sorta busy.. making a dragon..."

"OH NO YOU DON'T! I will ninja flip you through the phone!" I yell.

"Wow Annabeth. You really love Percy. I'll be there in 10." And I can almost hear the smirk in his voice.

The party ponies couldn't make it, but that was okay. Less root beer we had to buy. It was almost 7, so we needed to get moving. Me and Leo headed to the store, and Sally tried to keep Percy asleep.

We bought some blue star balloons, and as well as some plain blue ones to write messages on. We hurried home, threw some streamers around, and just in time. Percy walks out of his room, dressed in a camp half-blood t-shirt and some jeans.

I grab a blue balloon, and start to write my message:

Hey Seaweed Brain. Yeah, it's me here. I can't believe your turning older, I mean, who thought you would live this long! Well, I'm glad you did. My life would be quite boring without you. Happy birthday idiot. ;)

"Happy birthday Seaweed Brain!" I run up and kiss him, then we quickly break apart for Leo's sake.

"All this for me?"

"Yeah, you would have noticed sooner, but you were too busy making out." Leo grins and we all laugh.

"Well all this blue food shouldn't go to waste! Let's dig in!" He says.

In that moment, the rest of the 7 start to arrive.

"Fashionably late." Piper jokes.

"Way to CRASH the party." Jason smirks

"Come on guys." Nico says, and comes through the fire escape.

"Maybe I should be a party ANIMAL." Frank says, and turns into a tiger with a party hat.

"Really." Nico states, clearly annoyed now.

"Maybe I should shed some light on this situation." Hazel smiles and summons a small glow stone.

"Screw you guys." Nico starts to climb back out the window and we all bust out laughing.

Later, after all the cake, we are all sitting on the couch feeling fat.

"That was so good." Percy says, yawning and putting his arm around me.

"Ha. Who knew blue cake was actually good." Leo jokes, and Percy elbows him with his other arm.

We all watch a funny movie, the same one I saw with Daniel. It made me think about him and suddenly the blue cake wasn't sitting so well. I would never admit it out loud, but I miss him and his stupid jokes.

At some point, Sally goes to bed and all the couples end up making out. Leo groans, and heads to the fire escape window. Always the seventh wheel.

We all drift to sleep, then I wake up and wiggle out of Percy's arm to check on Leo. I see him by the window, sitting on a bench staring at Percy's moon flowers. I hear him say: I have to find her.

"Leo?"

He jumps, obviously startled. Then relaxes back to his funny self.

"Oh, I thought y'all were all to busy sleeping together." He smirks, and I shove him.

"Who were you talking about? That you had to find?"

He sighs, probably feeling as if his "HOT STUFF" reputation was finished.

"You can't repeat this to anyone. Well, except Percy. He knows."

I nod and urge him to go on.

"There's this girl, named Calypso. She lives on an island in the sea, and was put there by the gods as a punishment for being a daughter of atlas. You can only find her by washing ashore. But Percy met her a while back and she was actually nice. She didn't deserve to be there. When she asked him to stay,he couldn't. He had to get back to his quest." He starts.

I think this myth rings a bell. Percy told me once I think, but must have not been listening. I was probably working on designs.

"So, to find her you have to get lost at sea." I frown.

He nods. "Jason said he would take me out to sea, and Percy promised to get a blessing from Poseidon so I don't die."

"This is risky Leo." I say. I know better than anyone what can go wrong in a sea of monsters.

"I know. But I had a dream and I just know I have to find her." He puts his face in his hands. "How can I be in love with someone I don't even know?"

"Well, you do fall in love with every girl you look at." I smirk and refer to Khione. Leo was funny like that.

In the end, (after much more kissing) the rest if the seven go home, but I stay behind.

"Percy, happy birthday." I pull his lips to mine, and this was officially his best birthday ever. ❤️