Chapter 11.

" No, he did not!" Theresa exclaims, jaw dropped to the floor.

" Yep, James here, poured soup all over a wealthy but rude businessman."

" What was I suppose to do, let him get all touchy feely with you, no way. I promised your mom that I'd take care of you." At the mention of my mom, my smile slips off my face and a twinge of pain attacks my chest.

I believe he realizes what he's just said and immediately his eyes are on me.

The air becomes still and tense all of a sudden.

" Kea."

" I'm pretty sure that your mom must be proud." Theresa says, totally oblivious to the tension.

" Yeah, she would be proud." I say, a small tight smile being sent her way.

After I say this, Theresa's face falls and her eyes droop low." Oh.." That's all that comes from her, now the air much tense and obvious.

"It's okay. So tell me more about Theresa" I say, changing the subject.

" Oh there's not much to tell really, but I'll give you the low down." She says, leaning forward with her arms on the table.

I can't help but listen carefully to her story, as she speaks. So Theresa has one sibling and that's her brother London. Her parents have been married for 25 years now and they married young as well as London being born. So she's a small town girl, thus her father owns his own shop, he's a mechanic and her mom owns a bakery. Both are successful humble people, who are still so in love it's almost sickening. Her words not mine.

Her brother works as a waiter at a hotel bar, and is their towns reliable  photographer for weddings and other local events, he's even a drummer at his friend's band. Wow he's one busy fellow. Theresa works at the library and is still in college.

This makes me think hard on going to college, I mean nothing is holding me back. I don't just want to be a highschool graduate, I want more for my life.

Getting back to Theresa, she's single, her favourite colour is red, she is allergic to nuts and sunflowers, she loves the rain, a sucker for cliche movies, loves live music and loves to eat. I can totally believe that with how much she ate earlier.

The night is still young yet I'm ready to hit the sack.

"So yeah, there's not much, but I do like my life."

" What do you mean there's not much, you have a close knit family who love you and a bright future, you're quite blessed."

She shrugs ,a small smile on her face. " Yeah I love them, but don't tell my brother when you see him. Anyway , one who I'm curious about is you."

" Me?" I frown a bit.

"Yeah, you seem so young and already you are married. So what is it like to be married, having someone you love , be by your side and love you in return? "

Her words hit me and looking at my marriage, none of what she's said is what I've received in my marriage.

Before I can say anything, Theresa's phone rings and she excuses herself, leaving James and myself alone.

I sigh out, leaning against my chair. Silence takes over between us.

" How do I answer anyone about marriage ? " I ask, my eyes on my now half full glass.

" Be honest... "

"Oh, like how my marriage was one sided and that I'm a few weeks away from it being over." I sigh, my eyes being heavy and threatening tears, wanting to come out though I prevent them from doing so.