SOLD TO IVAR!

"Come on, Y/N! Surely you can move faster than that." The raven-haired Viking shouted. "I will be forced to begin a countdown if you do not make progress soon."

"Apologies, Master. I am trying my best to locate it."

"Why can I not find this blasted thing?" You thought to yourself

As you ducked behind a large oak tree, you spotted a nosey little rabbit that seemed intent on watching you search for the arrow before finally hopping off. It scurried into a large bush leaving you alone. But then.........that's when you saw it! The arrow! It was camouflaged within the bushes the rabbit had just disappeared into.

"Thank you, Father God." You said – grateful for the divine help.

Honestly, you feared the Heathen and didn't know what he would have done had you not produced it. You immediately pulled the arrow from the ground and rushed back to where he awaited you. As you walked, as quickly as you could in the tall grass, the Viking spotted you. Standing in his chariot, he appeared even more imposing than he was already.

"Look! I found it." You said - lifting the arrow high over your head in triumph.

Then, something odd occurred. The Viking raised his bow and strung an arrow through it.

"What is happening?" You thought to yourself.

The dark-haired stranger then pointed the weapon directly at you! Your feet faltered as you hesitated to continue going towards him. When your eyes met, you gave him an innocent smile, hoping it would cause him to put the weapon down. But, he did not. As if time itself slowed, you watched helplessly as the Viking released the arrow in your direction. You let out a terrified scream and shut your eyes tightly. Your heart raced as you anticipated the pain or possibly, instant darkness. You stood still for a good long while before you eventually realized that you were unhurt. As you slowly opened your eyes, you heard laughter. Indeed, there was a great deal of laughter coming from the Viking.

"Master, please do not kill me." You begged. "I am sorry that I took so long but the grass is so high."

"I did not aim to kill you Y/N. If I had, you would be dead already." He said with a chuckle.

As you stood beside the chariot, still shaken from the incident, the dark-haired stranger looked at you and smiled.

"Come on!" He said, pointing beside him.

"Master?"

"Get on. I want to show you something and you will not be able to see it from where you are."

You helped yourself onto his chariot, causing the horse to neigh at the shifting of weight. As you stood beside him, the Viking motioned for you to come closer, which you did at once.

"Do you see it, Y/N?" He asked as he pointed to where you had been standing.

You shielded your eyes from the blazing afternoon sun as you searched the distance. To your utter shock, you spotted a dead wolf where he had directed you to look.

"My God! Do you mean that thing was behind me the entire time?"

"Stalking you like his next meal." The Viking said with a smile. "Now, do you still think I was trying to kill you?"

Though you felt bad for assuming the worst, what did he expect? His people had savaged your settlements for almost three weeks so it was normal that you were afraid. However, you had to admit that he was unlike most of his kinfolk. Since he had been in your family home, the Viking had shown restraint and had not caused harm to any of you.