The Doppelganger

"What do you mean you want to stay? T-that isn't how this works." The doppelganger spat at the person in which he was cloned from, "I have no reason to go back, this place is paradise, no one knows who I am it's a fresh start for me." The doppelganger walked back and forth in frustration, "This isn't the deal: I take your place, make things better, and you come back to a fresh start there!" He laughed causing the clone to get even more frustrated, "Do you think this is funny?" He kept laughing, "Yes otherwise I wouldn't be laughing, I don't get why you just dont stay instead of me." A silence fell upon the two of them, "W-what?" The young man turned back to him, "Think about it, your race was made for the purpose of fixing lives because you in turn don't have them and you send whom you replaced to words where we relax while you do all the work, but I don't want to leave this place and you're a creature made to serve a purpose well I'm giving you my life." Doppel stood their pondering what was actually happening, in his thousands of years of doing this no one has actually wanted to not come back for they make their assigned host lives far greater than they could ever imagine, "Why?" Doppel asked, "Lets face it despite all those great things you've done for me if I were to come back all those new bonds you made I'll have no recollection or even the slightest care, I'll still feel alone and unsatisfied, but here it's all new and I can take the pain and hurt as lessons to just not do that here. Home is tainted for me, but not here." Doppel sighed and chuckled at what he was getting ready to say, "I guess your dad does like how much more productive you have been and seeing your mom once a week has been it easier." A tear came down the young mans face, "You are the person that my life needs and I'm just not fit for it." He stood up, "My final request is for you to take my place and no longer be recycled for eons." As if air left his lungs and a tremendous weight lifted off his shoulders Doppel responded, "I-I won't let you down." He laughed, "You can't let me down...its not my life anymore it's yours." In a instant doppel found himself back in the kitchen of his host house, he was out of breath, "Honey!" A feminine voice came from the other room, "Are we still good for our dinner tonight?" He chuckled lightly, "Yes mother that sounds delightful."