Monday

Tony Stark has no idea that Peter Parker is Spiderman, let alone that Peter exists. Peter isn't interning at the Stark Towers, either. That is until Tony Stark has an especially cruel idea that may or may not cause Peter's identity to become known to him. This is before Civil War, and many Avengers are living in Stark's Tower.

I swear, if someone doesn't know about the Stark internship contest, they've been living in a rock. Or a meteoroid thousands of miles further than the sun from Earth. Like, for them not to know this information, it would be insane. Every news network across America have done some skit, post, or article on the contest.

Tony Stark needs a personal intern.

He created a contest to find such.

There would be 5 contestants: 5 possible interns.

Only one internship.

They would be hand selected from applications across America ranging from kids in highschool to 20 years old.

Today, he would be giving out the possible internships.

Tony Stark was oddly cruel like that.

On my way to school today, I've seen five billboards, two tvs, and tons of reporters rushing in their taxis to get to the Stark Towers on time. I sigh, getting slightly agitated with the whole thing.

Last week, when Tony Stark announced the contest, I choose not to apply. It could be like a dream. "My only bucket-list item: checked off," as Aunt May put it. "Only absolutely necessary! Dude, you could get in and change our lives forever," as Ned had put it.

But I kinda maybe sorta need to definitely keep Spiderman a secret. If I have to trade a small dream for the safety of the citizens in New York, then so be it. I have more than just me to be responsible of.

I continue walking down the street. Sighing, I tuck a study guide back into my backpack. It's not like I can focus. Suddenly, my neck starts to tingle. Danger. I jerk my head to the side as a hand reaches for my head. I whirl my head around to see Flash.

"Penis, buddy, jumpy much? Let me guess- did you have a bad dream last night? One about your dead uncle? Or was it about your dead parents this time? You know, maybe you should follow your family's pattern and just die, too," he says, pulling me to the side of the sidewalk. I shudder and walk quicker, brushing him off. He laughs and keeps following me. "Guess what, Penis Parker! I applied for the Stark Internship! I heard you didn't even try! Just watch, I'll get in and become your idol's favorite person in the world! Just you wait!"

Some of Flash's friends caught up with him and distract him enough for me to get away with some sprinting.

I met up with Ned at school, and all was normal, until lunch.

----------------------*before lunch*--------------------

"PETER PARKER!" my spidey senses shock me as Mr. Hancock slams his booklet on my desk. I looked up at him. "Dear Lord," he muttered to himself, "Why do I have to tell you this?" He seemed to be fighting with himself. I heard him mutter to himself, "Curses for being his teacher before lunch."

Mr. Hancock didn't exactly love me. Maybe it was because, by the time I was hungry for lunch, my sleep felt deprived due to my spidey activities. After sleeping through about ten of his classes, he had a decent reason for hating me.

"Just, stay behind after class. I have to tell you something." A few of the seniors snickered back at me. I was confused but nodded quickly. I tried to stay awake through the rest of the class, unsuccessfully and walked up to him after the bell rang.

He fidgeted behind his desk, twirling his pencil and not seeming very happy.

"I'm supposed to tell you that, somehow, you landed a spot to maybe be Tony Stark's intern."

I dropped my books.

Wait.

What.

"S—T! BUT I DIDN'T APPLY FOR IT!" I exclaim, combing my hair back. How did this happen? I... I couldn't intern for Tony Stark; he might figure out that I'm Spiderman. He'd tell the Avengers.

Wait, will I get to meet the Avengers? Could I, only being there until Tony Stark kicks me out? That would be so cool! I let myself consider it for a moment: Me, actually mentoring under Tony Stark, even only for maybe a day. That would be amazing.

"Language, Parker, and be grateful, you little- GRRRR! Just, f--, just be at his tower tomorrow. He, for some terrible, logicless reason, selected you to be one of the five. You'll have a chance to be like his intern with the four others tomorrow and the rest of the week. Then, he'll choose someone to be his actual intern," Mr. Hancock then left his desk and went out of the room. He couldn't handle the excitement rising on my face. I didn't have the chance to complain that it was so soon, or ask about how I would even get to the Stark Towers.

I manage to stumble out of his classroom and cut in line to get lunch with Ned. He looks worried, and I finally notice who was behind him. Flash. Flash and a few stupid seniors, acting somewhat like a version of uncool kids attempting at being cool. One of the seniors was in my math class. Flash looks over at his supposed best buds and whispered something. They snicker, and Flash walked up to me.

"Heard you got in trouble, Penis Parker!" Flash shoved me aside and shrugged his friends in front of us. A heard of thirty kids went in front of us. Flash stayed next to me and just laughed. I rolled my eyes and just let them pass us. Who cares if we only get the watery potatoes and the leftover cold sandwiches?

My stomach grumbled. Ned looked pretty irritated, too. I was planning on telling Ned my news once we sat down, but since it looked like getting lunch would take a while, I decided to already tell him. But he beat me to it.

"What was that about?" Ned mutters, inching a bit in line. He looks away from me.

"I was pulled out by Mr. Hancock. He kinda told me..." I started.

"Oh my gosh! You got in- didn't you?! You're going to be the Tony Stark's intern!!! GAAAAHHH! I mean, I wasn't completely expecting you to actually qualify! When me and May set up your application we weren't-" Nee blurted, waving his arms around. I suddenly shot up at the last bit.

"Wait- Ned! You and May did what?!" I groaned and brushed my hair back. It's not his fault. He doesn't know I'm Spider-man. To him, this is just a great dream come true to his best bro. I snickered to myself. Parker luck.

"So it's true! You are qualified!!! Just... just promise me that you'll say hi to Tony Stark for me- or any of the Avengers... PETER- wait- do you think you'll meet them?!"

Everyone turned to us in the lunchroom, seemingly annoyed rather than impressed. I doubt they actually believed us- they probably thought we were talking about some fantasy. But this is real life.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Ay so I actually finished this a little while ago, but I needed to make a good cover and such. I had some fun ideas for this au, and I hope it plays out well. How do you think of the writing? Please give criticism for those who read. What Avengers should he meet? Any recommendations? I have some firm ideas that I want to make play, but if you have any ideas, that'll be great.

Further chapters are longer, I promise.

Please vote, comment, and follow! Thank Y'all!