Chapter 1: The Messenger Wolf of Death

Legends tell of a special species of werewolf. These werewolves were cursed with deadly and destructive eyes. People who looked into these eyes were killed, or they became werewolves themselves. But also, every three centuries, a male Ultima werewolf is born. Their eyes were harder to control and many of them lost their minds, the curse turning them into massive monstrous wolves with killer eyes. These wolves went on a rampage, slaughtering everything in their path, even fellow Ultima. Eventually, male Ultima were considered monsters, even by their fellow Ultima. So when a male Ultima is born, they are left in the wild to waste away.

How do I know this? I am a male Ultima. Hi. My names (Y/n) Lycanos. And this, strangely, is my story.

I was born into an Ultima tribe. That didn't last long. As soon as my mother laid eyes on me, she screamed. How do I know this. I've got a really good memory. I remember everything from birth. I wish I didn't. As soon as she could stand again, my mother brought my into the forest and left me on a rock. Wolves ignored me, but suddenly a big mother bear found me.

Then, I was raised alongside her cubs. I learned to speak and walk by observing my village from a distance. I practiced by myself. Then I found out about my wolf form. For other males, it meant they lost control. But I've had perfect control over it for my entire life. Soon after that, I left my adopted mother and left the forest where I had lived for the beginning years of my life. I still visit. I traveled around for awhile, using a bandana and cloak to conceal my inhuman parts. Now, I've moved into a forest near the top hero producing city, Lescatie. One thing to say about it. It's going to shit.

The rich and the church are thriving. And to be honest, their hearts are as black as onyx. They treat others as tools. I've killed a few to know. I've gotten a pretty pricy bounty placed on my head for doing so. 100000 gold pieces. Now, I know it seems too much, but apparently I also slew the high priest. Nastiest motherfucker ever. For now, I'm laying low avoiding all signs of human and mamono activity. Oh, yeah there's part of the Demon Army is based near my cave, so I have to be EXTREMELY careful. I don't want a hundred horny monster girls standing at my doorstep.

Now, I'm hunting for food.

No POV

(Y/n) slowly stalks a full grown stag. It's large enough for him to have months worth of food. He had discovered that's when he freezes his food, it stays fresh for a long time. So that what he does. He draws his handmade bow and aims for the bucks eye. He draws the bowstring back. He inhales and exhales calmly. His eyes open from beneath the bandanna that covers them. He lets the arrow loose and it flies towards its target. It pierces the bucks eye, and the animal rears up, before collapsing. (Y/n) slowly treads towards it. It legs twitch and spasm. The bucks mouth is foaming. (Y/n) pulls a hunting dagger from his belt and raises it above the bucks head.

"Rest in peace, animal of the forest."

He plunges the knife into the bucks head. He hefts the dead bucks body over his shoulder and slowly treads back to his hidden cave. When he arrives, he gently placed the body on the floor, and draws his hunting knife again.

"Oh, well. Time for gutting."

And he goes to work.

Lescatie

Sasha Fullmoon is walking around her orphanage, taking care of the children in her care. But suddenly, she hears a loud knocking on her door. She walks down the hallway. When she opens it l, she is greeted with a sight that takes her slightly by surprise.