Untitled Part 1

She wasn't like everyone else. She didn't want to BE like everyone else. Her village would never be the same if they ever found out the truth about that girl who stayed quiet in the back of the class room every day, never raised her hand, never called on. The girl who was quiet in the back corner of the class.

1:34 am Thursday May 3rd 2023

"Dear notebook,

The teacher Mr. peterson is writing on the board about a math equation I do not understand. Everyone keeps looking back at me and I keep being called on and hessington and then everyone laughs at me. My brown long hair is in a ponytail today so its not down to the middle of my back. So kid threw his lunch at me today and stained my new white shirt. My blue jeans are ripping and everyone keeps making jokes about it. "Oh you need new pants yours are ripping". Or "oh what did you fall and scrape your knee" and would walk away laughing. I just want to go home and sleep or something. Bye for know.

--- Skylar Marango

After she wrote in her notebook the bell had rung for her to be the last person out of the class and slowly walked in the halls. She carried her books tight against her chest and looked like she was about to cry. She went to her last class and sat in the back and opened her text book and then started thinking.

"Why do we have to learn about the past, why not try to make a better future?"

She had a lot of thoughts going through her head about history class, Thoughts about the past present and future. She could never focus on what was happening in class, her mind always wondered to a million other places. Skylar didn't stay focused ever and it had caused a lot of problems for her. She sat in the back of every class and was always picked on or pushed in the halls or had her books slammed out of her hands. She just wanted to get through the dad and go home, not that home life was much better. She would go home to her father being drunk and he would be hitting her mom. Or sometimes if her mom wasnt home he would hit her or rape her