1

The bright Egyptian sun shone on the desert lands of Gahett viciously as I made my stroll to pay my final visit to Jidda's hut. Today was the day that I would be leaving my village to Fiore, and I had to say goodbye to Jidda. The thought of leaving my homeland was heart-aching, being that I'm very close to my family, but this journey to Fiore was needed. I still had a lot to learn, after all.

I politely waved to the small group of children running off to the opposite direction near me, a warm smile brushing on my face as they greeted me with my sir-name. Watching the youth in my home grow up with the desires to be like the powerful Celestial Wizards of my family truly warmed my heart, it almost made me wish being young. Spotting Jidda's hut adjacent to the path, I rushed inside, my stinging body now sighing in relief to the shade inside.

"Jidda Iset?" I called out. I looked to both corners of the hut, my Jidda not in sight. I wandered around slightly, before hearing the small jingle of beads on my right. I turned around to see Jidda Iset, her piercing gold eyes brightening at the sight of me. 

"Ah, Six, its good to see you again. Care for a cup of Karkade' before your big sendoff?" She offered gingerly, it was a tradition of ours to have tea after she would teach me her celestial spells.

I nodded as she strolled to her small antique tea-set, a hand-me-down from my great ancestors. I watched as Jidda poured the dark contents inside two teacups, the brisk smell of sweet cranberry and honey soon permeating the small hut. She ushers me to the small sitting area as she dumps a few sugar cubes into the steaming liquids, passing me the cup as I take my seat. I take notice of the roselle petals and small honey fragments in the tea before carefully sipping on it, sighing in contentment as the sweetness floods through my body.

"You've learned so much throughout these last few years, Six, I'm very proud of you," Iset praises. 

"Thank you, Jidda, I did have a great teacher, after all," I smirk as she chuckles at my response.

"Are you all packed and ready for your trip to Fiore?" Jidda asks, taking a brief pause to drink her own tea.

"Yes, I finished packing all of the incenses, spellbooks, and rosary beads that you've given me throughout the years," I answer, she nods approvingly at my answer.

Jidda sets her teacup down, suddenly perking up in surprise. "Oh, I almost forgot!"

I watch Jidda rush to her private quarters, listening to her rummage through her room before stepping out, holding a small grimoire bag and a holster.

"Before you leave, I found this Grimoire of Ancestral Celestial Enchantments, it has a strap so you can wear it as a small bag. Consider this your last lesson," she explains. I hook the Grimoire on my waist, but my jaw drops at the sight of the familiar material of the holster.

"This is--" I meet my grandmother's soft eyes, they're full of pride and happiness.

"My Celestial Golden Keys, they were a gift from my great grandmother to my mother, and a gift from her to me, now, they're yours," She places the holster on my palms, I gently stroke the black woven material, a smirk forms on my lips. 

"Thank you, Jidda, for everything," I whisper, wrapping my arms around her frail body. She gives a light laugh as she wraps her arms around my body. A sudden, yet familiar, horn blares, notifying me that my train awaits.

"That must be Ama! I should get going!" I inform Jidda, she places a quick kiss on my cheek before rushing me out of her hut. The smile never leaves my face as I dash to the train station to Fiore, in hope that a new journey awaits.