One

(A/N: Hey, welcome to The Artist's Game! This is a Harry Styles AU! This story will feature Harry but all the boys will make appearances. One Direction does not exist in this story. Also this will be the first time I've written about the boys since middle school so please be kind! :) Anyway, enjoy the story! -Amber)

Chapter One

I looked up from my computer screen as I heard the bell at the door ring, signaling that someone had entered my shop. I was met with a tall man with dark curly hair on his phone, talking loudly and obviously angry about something. "Well I don't care what he said, I need it by the end of tomorrow." With that he hung up on the other person and huffed angrily. I noted that he had a British accent but I decided right then that I did not like this man. He walked up to my desk and paused for a moment before speaking again. "I'm looking for Sophia Mitchell, is she here?"

"You're looking at her." I responded, wondering what this man wanted. Was he here for a nude portrait? He seemed like the kind of man to ask for one.

He smiled, revealing dimples and his green eyes sparkled. I had to admit he was attractive, even if he was rude. "What can I do for you?" I asked.

"I'm here to request a portrait." He stated; as if that weren't obvious.

"Well, yes." I said gesturing to the space we were in. "You'll have to be a little more specific."

"I'm commissioning a self-portrait." Of course he was. He tapped his fingers impatiently on my desk. God that was so infuriating.

I opened one of my drawers and took out a form. "Fill this out with the details of what you're wanting. And do you have a reference photo?" I asked as I handed him a pen.

He chuckled lightly; which for some reason made red run into my cheeks. "I think google can help you with that one dear." I turned away from my computer to look up at him. Was he serious?

"If you do not have a reference photo I will not be able to help you." I stated matter-of-factly. I could have taken a few shots of him right here and now but I didn't want to spend any more time with him. He seemed rude and also for no explainable reason he made my heart beat faster and my palms a little sweaty.

"Okay chill out sweetheart." My heart, against my better judgement, fluttered when he called me that. "I can bring one in." He looked back to the form and I went back to the budget report on my screen.

"Please make it as recent as possible. Unless you're wanting something from awhile ago." I looked up and he handed me the now completed form and the pen and took a seat in the chair across from me.

I looked over it making sure it was complete. Thank god. He wanted a shoulders up portrait. No nudity, no strange poses.

Then I opened another drawer on my desk and took out two more forms. After checking a couple boxes I slid the forms across my desk to him. "This first form outlines what the costs will be for your specific portrait. Since you're only doing from the shoulders up it will be less than if you wanted a full body pose. Then we take into consideration the size of the canvas, which you stated 18x24 inches. I charge a fee of $6 per square inch, which is completely normal and reasonable, considering who I cater towards." I tried to assure him so he wouldn't say that was outrageous but he just nodded along, seeming perfectly pleasant. I was surprised. Maybe I was wrong about him. "After that we factor in the cost of the supplies and the framing. Which adds around $450 to your grand total." I indicated the spaces on the form where those were located and he nodded again.

I pulled out my calculator and added everything together. "So in total the cost of the portrait is going to be $3,000." I held my breath, hoping he would be fine with this.