All I Want For Christmas (Camren Short Story)

Merry Christmas and the very best to all for the New Year!!! Enjoy this last Xmas short fic of 2018.

****************************

24th of December

The snow crunched beneath the big wheels of the metallic-green jeep, as it came to a stop in front of the little log cabin. Camila Cabello opened the door, stepped out, and felt her legs sink into the glistening white, nearly up to her knees. She bent over, took two hands full of snow and formed it into a tight, little ball. With a practiced eye, she flung it against the cabin wall, where most of it stuck.

"Perfect for building a snowman, or for having a merry, little snowball fight," Camila said, brushing some strands of her long brown hair aside, which the wind had blown into her face. She went to the trunk, took out a big black traveling bag and walked to the cabin's door. A relieved sigh escaped her chest when she found it still locked. "Whew! She hasn't arrived yet. Now, I don't need to hide her present right away."

After stomping her feet to get the snow off her boots, she opened the door and went inside.

"Brrr, it's cold in here," she said, shivering slightly. "First, and most importantly, turn up the heat. Right, Gracie?" Camila opened her thick, warm, winter jacket and brought out a little black and white bundle of fur. Instantly, the little puppy started wagging her tail, as if it were a propeller and licking Camila's face, enthusiastically.

The brunette rubbed her nose against Gracie's moist, black one, and grinned. "Oh, you are soooooooo cute! Just wait until Lauren sees you. I bet you are the greatest Christmas present she ever got."

She put the little dog on the floor, who at once began to explore her new surroundings, and took her time sniffing at everything she came across.

Camila took off her jacket and boots, carried the traveling bag upstairs, and stowed away all her clothes in the closet of the bedroom. A short glance at her watch told her that it was nearly ten o'clock in the morning. Camila rubbed her hands together. "Alright. Theoretically, Lauren's plane will arrive in three hours. That leaves me enough time to decorate the house and to set up our Christmas tree. This is going to be a heavenly time...our first Christmas together...I can't wait to be held in Lauren's arms where I always feel so secure and cared for. It's been three weeks since we last saw each other...seems like an eternity to me."

Her ears picked up a piteous howling noise, and Camila hurried downstairs. At the foot of the stairs, Gracie sat, whimpering, and obviously heart-broken.

"Awww, sweetheart. Did you feel lonely? It's alright, sweetie, I'm here," Camila said, and lifted the little fur bundle into her arms. "You see? Everything is okay."

She placed the dog on the big couch in the living room and gave Gracie a bone to chew on. "Now, be a good girl. I'm back in a minute, okay? I just have to get something from the car."

*****

It took her nearly an hour to drag the massive tree into the cabin, but after much cursing and a lot of pricked fingers, it finally stood in a corner of the living room, in all its green glory. "I was a bit worried I wouldn't be able to get this fat thing in here. Next year I'm going to buy a smaller one," she said while gazing at the result of her efforts.

"Or maybe not," she added and smirked. "Next time I'm going to let Lauren put it up."

Camila looked at her watch. "Tsk. Still, two hours until the plane arrives. One thing is for sure, as soon as I have her in my arms, I don't intend to let go again. At least not for several days. This will be the most beautiful Christmas of all times. And, there is even more to celebrate because tomorrow, a year ago, was the first time we met."