The Beginning

I remember the day like it was yesterday. If they would only let me be, I know that I could make it so, but that is not the point of my reflection. It seems that the events that occurred only a few months ago are going to drive me to insanity. As I look through the narrow window lined with bars as I have done so often lately I start to reimagine the events that have so drastically changed the way I knew life at all.

____________________________________________________________________________

As I was walking down the street to mail a package for my sister who as always was running late, I saw a man standing on the street handing out flyers for an incoming show. As I walked past him he handed me a flyer which I took, not really caring to read it. I folded it up and stuck it in my jacket pocket.

When I got home I stuck my hand into my pocket to get the keys to my house, and that's when I found the flyer. I unfolded it to see what it was for:

Come to this amazing event to experience a once in a life TIME experience.

Tonight at 8 P.M come to the fairgrounds where we will show you the past. All you need to bring is a very generous present and the experience will be yours.

This flyer makes no sense whatsoever. If they wanted to attract people's attention to what they are going to do this way certainly the way to do it.

"Why not, I have a bit of spending money that I have been meaning to use for some personal amusement, why not check out this silly whatever it is", I thought as I unlocked my house and went inside.

That night at 7:45 P.M. I headed out of my house and started walking down to the fairgrounds that were in the middle of the town. I had brought with me, 400 dollars, hoping that it would be enough for the events that were to be held there. As I reached the fairgrounds, I saw only one single tent set up in the middle of the grounds. I followed the signs until I got to a forming line that was waiting to get tickets. Ahead I could see a sign that said,

Closed. Opens 10 till 8

I looked at my watch, 7:55. The line started to move more quickly as another ticket booth was opened up to help shorten the now long snaking line. When I got to the booth I asked,
"How much for one ticket?"
"That will be $5.25, sir."
"Here's 6", I said handing him a five and a one.
"Keep the change, I don't want any loose coins"
"Alright, here's your ticket. Just give it to the man by the entrance of the tent and he'll tell you where to go from there."
"Okay, thanks. Have a nice day."
From there I took my ticket to the man by the entrance of the tent. When I handed it to him he said,
"Alright sir, before you enter the tent, we have to make sure you don't have any firearms and or cameras. Will you please empty your pockets on this here table?"
"Sure, hang on." I put my hands into the pockets of my coat spilling their contents onto the table. Altogether I had the keys to my house, a few loose coins from when I had mailed my sisters package, a key that I had forgotten to put on my key ring, a pen, and my wallet with my ID and money inside.

"Alright, your good. Go ahead and claim your merchandise and take a seat in row 2. Oh and remember, don't touch anything and do NOT go behind the curtain until the number on your ticket is called."

"Sure, sure."

As I sat in ROW 2 I saw the curtain that he was talking about. It went all the way from the ceiling of the tent to the floor. It was the most beautiful curtain that I had ever seen and I really wanted to reach out and touch the sapphire blue satin to feel the smoothness of the material. But as I tried to get closer my mind came back to its senses and I went and sat back down in my seat. Finally, number 91 was called and I got up and went toward the curtain. Two tall bodyguards parted the curtain only wide enough for me to wiggle in while people waiting strained their necks trying to peek inside. Before I had taken two steps the curtain was closed and another man stepped in front of me.