The First Time He Saw Her

A pool party. It was more of a event for orphans. The host was an orphan herself, but she didn't let it stop her. Currently, she was walking around, greeting little kids. She never had the chance to go to a pool or the beach, so she wanted to give these kids something that she never had. Her teal bikini hugged her body perfectly, causing a few of the orphans to stare.

She wasn't the only adult there though. No, she invited se of Gotham's richest people to come and spend a day with the kids, in hopes that some of them will adopt an orphan. Her heart swelled when she saw a few of them playing around in the pool. But the one person who caught her eye was Bruce Wayne, the billionaire. She didn't think he would actually show up, but here he was, on the other side of the pool talking to a few little boys.

"Alice!" A girly voice squealed, the woman eyes tearing away from the billionaire.

A big chested, curvy woman was headed towards her, a small little girl on her back. "Ah, Alex. I see you found a friend." Alice giggled, a huge, genuine smile on her lips.

Alex smiled, "Meet Alondra, my new daughter!" She squealed. "This was the best idea, Alice!"

The little girl was smiling widely, "They deserve to have a good home." Alice stated, not noticing the handsome billionaire walking towards her.

Alex nodded and headed towards the pool, jumping in with her new daughter. Alice giggled and looked around. Everyone was having fun. A calloused hand laid itself on the tan woman's shoulder, startling her a bit. As her head turned to look at the person, her lips formed a smile. There stood Bruce Wayne, a small smile of his own. "She was right, this was a great idea." He stated, nodding his head towards Alex who was squirted in the face with a water gun by Alondra.

"It is not fair that orphans don't get the same opportunities as the rest do." Alice replied, crossing her arms over her chest.

Bruce nodded in agreement, "I admire a woman who stands up for what she believes in. Not many people will do things, such as this, for the less fortunate."

He had a point, not many people would. Alice had limited opportunities when she was younger. She either was always cleaning, cooking, or looking after the younger kids. But she was able to leave, to do better for herself, and she wanted to do that for every orphan. She wanted to be able to help them live a life of comfort and with people that actually care. Not many people knew where she came from, just that she excelled in most of what she did. People like Bruce. Alice was a beautiful, young, business owner. Her company quickly placed itself near the top. It was long before people started to kiss her ass to get where they wanted, but Alice believes in hard work. She makes people work for what they want. Even Bruce Wayne.

They had met a few times at galas, and during meetings between their companies. It wasn't long before Bruce wanted to get closer to her. He loved the way her ocean blue eyes light up when she talked about something she enjoyed. The way she was filled with so much confidence in anything she does. When she admits when she's wrong or makes a mistake. Bruce was slowly falling for her, and he knew it. "Alice, would you like to come to dinner at my place this weekend?" He suddenly questioned, nervousness bubbling inside of him.

The shorted woman looked up at him, her beautiful eyes staring into his. "Dinner with you? At your place? The Wayne Manor?" She replied, a bright blush reaching her cheeks.

Bruce smirked slightly when he saw, "Yes. As a date."

This made the woman blush brighter, "Oh, um, uh sure. When?"

"Saturday night. I'll be by to pick you up at 8'."

Alice nodded and made a mental note of the date and time. "Um, any sort of dress code?" She asked as she wondered what she would wear.

"Causal." Bruce simply replied before sticking a piece of paper in her hand and walking away.

Alice looked dumbfounded. Bruce Wayne, playboy billionaire just asked her on a date. At his home. In casual clothing.

Why would someone like him ask her out on a date, she would never know.