Happily Ever After

Hola amigos, I am here again with a one shot. Though this one is for Dee ( ddawn0505 ), have a safe and happy journey. 😁 I'll miss you being in the same time zone. 😁 and please don't kill me after reading this because you might get bored. 😂 enjoy.

♡♡♡♡

1.A chandelier dripping with glass lustres ✔

 2. Orchids of various types✔

3. The decorations, mostly in red and white combination. ✔

Just what Sumo always wanted.

Shravan looked around seemingly pleased with his management skills. Tonight he was going to get rid of that permanent pain in his rib cage. Tonight the hollow part would no longer exist. Tonight he would become a happy man again.

Is it?

Someone whispered, are you sure? Your Sumo is going to be someone else's. You won't have any right on her, you won't be able to see her everyday, you won't be able to hear her laughter...you are going to miss her...miss her…

Shravan closed his eyes, with every passing minute he was getting more and more impatient.  He just wanted to finish it all. He was tired. Really really tired of trying to bring together these two warring inner-voices.

“Shravan...All done beta?” Mamaji tapped on his shoulder, “You remember na…” he paused looking at Shravan, “Are you okay? You don't look good...everything's alright ?

“Ji mamaji, all is good!” Shravan said, ignoring the gawking pain inside his chest, “Sumo's getting married, you have no idea how happy I am.” At least she wouldn't be here to remind me what a loser I am. He added silently.

“There they are…” Mamaji almost shouted, “Manju...Ahujas are here…”

Tiwaris had arranged a function on Ahujas’ demand, that they want to have lunch together. Nirmala Ahuja had personally requested Nanu that the Ahujas are going to bear half the expenses of every function with the Tiwaris. Nanu just couldn't say no to her.

Suman was there all decked up in her peach colour lehenga with minimal jewelry, looking stunning. For some reason, her face didn't have that smile which normally brides wear constantly. Her eyes stayed glued to floor, ignoring over hyper Aditya buzzing around her.

Shravan chuckled. It all looked so monotonous to him. He was as usual sporting his nonchalant look, though his eyes were desperately trying to catch a certain pair of chocolate brown eyes... May be sensing the gaze upon them, those dark brown orbs journeyed towards his light brown ones, they lingered there for a second or two, then again they were back to staring the floor.

Shravan shifted on his heels uneasily. This was not what he had imagined! Is she not happy? Why isn't she looking at Aditya! Why is she looking so pale! Why is she…

Suddenly, someone prodded in his mind, Why do you care...let the drama pass. You relax and have fun. Go serve yourself a drink or two and enjoy.

He obliged with his inner voice and went to the nearest bar counter. Pouring himself a glass of Scotch, he sat on a whirling chair. The firewater burned while going down, but he savoured it. This burn was so much better than what he was feeling on looking at Sumo and Aditya.

The contrast between the two was prominent. When Sumo was sitting there like a life less doll, Aditya was behaving like a love sick puppy.

“Now...before the lunch...we are going to do something different.” Preety announced through the Mic. Shravan straightened at his place. He frowned when Preety’s eyes landed on him. There was something in her eyes that unnerved him.