ⅶ. uncharted paradise

"EPISODE 7"
july 2, 1987

i drowned in gallons of soapy water, scrubbing the remnants of his electrifying touch off the surface of my skin.

the feeling didn't budge. it was etched on me and it didn't budge.

my eyes flickered from one object to another, from the burgundy rug to the glass cupboard (where he kept his painkillers).

i spotted the strawberry sunset through the tinted window and the celestial giant winked, as if reminding me of the world outside.

reminding me of our damned reality and the false hope that everything will get better.

i dunked my head into the bath, getting completely submerged.

a pleasant wave of water washed over me and i felt strangely at peace.

because the sounds that were once ear-splitting had turned into inaudible hums.

everything echoed. footsteps– getting closer.

a dull ache made its way into my head, but it wasn't welcome there.

the pressure began to hurt and i felt like a rose in the mud. i felt like i didn't belong, but i wished i could stay forever.

i heard a noise. it hit the surface of the cool water and broke into fragments.

and i could faintly make out the sound of my name being called. over and over again.