the end

Memory man jumped out of a shady street in his pink memory costume.

“It's me, Memory-man!” He exclaimed. “Do you wish to have your memories looped again Deku?”

Memory-man can make the user live through his memories in an endless loop hole. It would be great for defeating bad guys. However, he’s chosen to be a villain.

I know this guy. I fought him before. Does he really want me to relive to my memories over and over again again? That's such a horrible way to live! I would never.

I can only use my power for minutes. I'm old. My son will deal with him. I could beat him but I don't have the energy so I jumped off to space with 100 000% power, I just didn't want to be bothered. What's the point?

Later that day I thought about what he offered.

I knew why he did it! He knows I'm a useless man! I have everything, and yet I have nothing to live for. There are four reasons I should give myself to memory man. I went through them a millions times. They keep me awake at night and bored during the day.

First reason. I love my wife, Uraraka but it's not like I loved her for before! I loved her the most when we were both still young. I still love her but love — as many other things — is boring at my age. I loved her the most, when we were both simply walking to school together as friends. Somehow, now that she is my wife I don't love her like I used to.

Second reason. I was always fighting villains... Even when I didn't have my power, even back then, when I only fought with my fists. I always fought villains. But now none of them is a match for my almighty power — a power that is just like my life — fading away. Nobody can take me at a million percent. Fights are short and uninteresting. And I always win. There is no tension.

The third reason: Just as I lost my feeling of love for Uraraka and my work, I also lost the love for my hobby. I used to love writing down all Intel, my thoughts and logic behind heroes that I thought were powerful in notebooks — I must've wrote at least a hundred of them. With that Intel I could

defeat any enemy I met! However, right now, I can defeat anyone... Without even trying! So what's the point of writing things down? Oh, all the great times I had writing things down in my notebooks. All those I was having fun; those times are gone now.

But at least when I was the best I still had a purpose! Now I don't even have that. I passed my power to my son. He's already the number one hero. He's so much better than me! He doesn't need me anymore. Neither as a father, or as a mentor: He is an adult! My power is going to run out soon. I'm running on embers. When it does I will truly be no one.

So it's decided, I will go to memory man and have the memory of my school years looped. It was the most delightful time of my life. That is why I want to relive it again and again until I die. That's the only way I can be useful!

Then I went to the shady street and I asked him: “memory-man, will you loop my memories?”

Suddenly he lost his evil look and showed actual compassion: “Are you sure? I was only joking. I thought you — a person that has everything — would never want to get their memories looped.”

“But a person that has everything, truly has nothing.”

Then he sprayed me with his pink dust and I lost reality, but I gained THE PAST.