Chapter 1: The Seductress

A/N: Here's the start of the mini series! Let me know what you think and if you want to be tagged for the next parts! :)

Warnings: potential language and violence (in future parts)

Her heels tapped against the pavement. Lights were shining brightly above her. Small drizzles of water were dropping from the sky, dampening everything it touched. The air was humid and felt warmer, despite the pitch blackness that had reigned over the city. Expensive cars and taxis were driving by her, music blaring and headlights glimmering against the wet cement.

The light rain thankfully didn't ruin her makeup or crease her dress. Young adults and thugs littered the street-- like every Friday night. This time, however, the girl came with a purpose. An item that was searched for by many different firms. The club was just around the corner, but she stopped where she was, making sure her hair was still how it should be and checking her purse with her lipstick and credit card, along with various other things that would fool a guard to let her into the club.

Society nowadays was something else. The rich stayed rich, the poor became poorer. Powerful people were consumed by greed and controlled everything and everyone they could. All buried a dirty secret within them. Hiding it from the world, making sure it's covered up using any means necessary.

She knew for a fact she had a dirty secret. A constant urge wanted her to get rid of it and redeem herself. But she couldn't. After everything that had happened to her, she didn't have a clear exist to do so. A deep breath escaped her glossed lips as she plastered a smile on her face, straightened her posture and walked to the entrance of the club.

"Good evening," She greeted with a seductive smirk. The man eyed her up and down, an unreadable expression on his face.

"What's your name, Ma'am?" He muttered. The girl frowned lightly before pulling a 20-dollar bill out of her purse.

"My name is (L/N)," She chuckled, sliding her hand up and down his chest, the bill under her palm. The man looked both ways, watching for any eyes of the queue to enter the club. Once he made sure that none were trailed on either of them, he grasped her wrist softly, locking eyes with her and pulling the bill in his hand, scrunching it up in his fist, he dropped it in his pocket. Offering her a toothy grin, he nodded, opening the door for her.

"Thank you handsome," She winked at him before making her way through the club. For all the jobs her firm assigned her with, visiting clubs were the most popular setting -- mostly because they underestimated her and kept her with the normal drug dealers that created some beef. All the stories were a little vague, but she had to do, for her own sake.

One thing she never got used to was the atmosphere in the club. Obnoxious and loud people, the incredibly disgusting stench of alcohol and sweat mixed together made her nose scrunch up. Being the most frequent environment she had to be in, it was one she could seemingly never get used to.

Her shoes clicked against the plastic ground, head high like she owned the place. She walked up to the bar, sitting down on a stool and swinging her leg over the other, scanning around the place once again with an innocent smile.

"What can I get you, sweetheart?" The bartender tore her attention away from the crowd.

"Martini," She smiled sweetly, he gave her a small nod, peeling away from her to make her drink. A small sigh escaped her crimson lips as she swung her stool towards the body of drunken people. Her (E/C) eyes set on each individual for a split second before continuing. She only had one objective tonight and she wasn't going to fail it.

"What's a good-looking person like you doing in a vulgar place like this?" A voice asked with a hint of amusement. A small already frustrated breath escaped her lips as her head turned slowly towards the voice. To her right was a man in a blue tie, white shirt and sleeveless blazer. He had the most beautiful blue eyes she's ever seen -- well eye since his other was covered with an eyepatch. Despite his good looks, she found his very friendly nature very distasteful.

"What's a guy like you doing trying to pick up an out-of-your-league-girl like me?" She retorted with a sarcastic smirk.

His eyes widened slightly in surprise until a smirk tore on his face and he chuckled.

"Feisty huh?" He bit his lip, nodding as his gaze averted to the drink the bartender finally slid to the girl.

"Listen, as appealing as you may look, I have something to do and I don't need you to get in my way," The girl pinched the bridge of her nose, getting straight to the point. His eyebrows furrowed for a moment as his head tilted as well as a sudden thought rushed through his head. Her eyes inspected the crowd once more before her eyes widened, slamming a bill on the counter and downing her drink swiftly.

Smiling at the man innocently before plopping off her chair and walking away. He kept a scrutinising gaze on her as she walked towards a suspicious man that walking into a staff only room at the back of the club. Pulling his phone out, he dialled a number his eyes narrowed at the girl, standing a few moments out of the door and slipping through it after making sure no one around her was looking.

"Hello?" The other end of the line asked.

"Yeah, it's me; there's this girl,"

"Don't tell me you slept with her instead of getting through with the job," The voice groaned.

"No, no, I didn't," The raven-haired man shook his head exasperatedly.

"What is it then?" The other line grumbled.

"This girl, she is going to get in our way." He answered, glancing back at the door the woman had walked through.

"Keep an eye on her, don't let her out of your sight. We're on our way!" the other line hung up after the statement.

Comments, reblogs and feedback improve motivation, writing and publishing, so it is in your best interest to leave some! :)