june 23 (part 1)

Fingers interwind.
Legs tangled.
Eyes locked.
Summer love.

I rememeber the day we met. It was Saturday, June 23. It was sunny out and really hot. My family and I went to Rainbow beach for a nice family outting. Me and my sister Rayne were playing volleyball and let me tell you, playing volleyball in the hot sand is a damn sport! Trying to keep your feet from burning is the best part. Check my sarcasm.

"COME ON MAY, HIT THE BALL" Rayne rolled her eyes at me.

"HOLD ON. How in hell aren't your feet burning right now?" I said to her as she stood there in the hot ass sand.

"I can take the heat" Rayne smirked.

"15 year olds are so damn strange, man." I mumbled to myself and hit the ball.

"WOW. You truely suck. Like honestly." Rayne laughed and shook her head.

I wasn't good at sports or really anything that's super hands on. I'm more of a sit down and watch type of girl. Being an athlete isn't in my job description.

"HEY, umm is this yours?"

"Damnnnnnn" I whispered as my mouth dropped to the ground.

A very fine, tall, light skin guy came over and held the ball in my face. He had dark brown curly hair and really nice lips. Smile of a fucking angel!

"Umm, yeah. It's umm... it's mine. Thanks.." I said with a little grin.

"No problem. Can me and my bro play with you guys? I mean if that's okay with you."

"Y-yeah it-it's fine. Of course." I basically stuttered most of my words like a damn idiot.

His fine ass signaled his friend over and damn. These Florida guys, they got something that I want.

"Aye bro, this issss...." He looked at me questionably.

"Mayleen. You can call me May if you want. That's my sister Rayne but she'll hurt you if you call her by her full name. Just call her Ray.... And you guys are?" I smiled a bit and squinted my eyes flirtatiously.

"I'm Joshua but you can call me Josh." Josh smiled at me with his nice ass teeth.

SHEESH, is all I could think.

"I'm Chris. Hey..." Josh cute friend said, he seemed a bit younger than Josh, though.

I smiled and nodded. Chris seemed more of the quiet type but that was fine. We all begin to play volleyball. Me and Josh on one team and Ray and Chris on the other.

"Hey, looks like your sister and my brother are really hitting it off" Josh said while nodding toward them.

They looked like they were having a really good time together, I'm actually shook. My sisters a bratty asshole.

I nodded and smiled. "They do look like they're having a great time."

Josh smiled his nice smile that made me melt for some odd reason. "Yeah. My brother's a sophomore in high school. Is Ray? She looks pretty young."

I nodded my head agreeing to his question. I don't want to talk about our siblings, I want to talk about you.

"Do you want to take a walk?" Josh asked.

"Yes, of course. So, are you from here?" I said with while looking up at him.

"Uh yeah. Born and raised. I actually don't live far from this beach." He nodded

"Wow. That's great and no....I'm actually from Chicago. The windy messed up city.." I sighed.

"Woah really? You don't seem like you're from Chicago. I mean, not to stereotype but you're really nice. People say it's pretty rough down there."