Daehwi's Letter

Daehwi's POV

It's already the end of their senior year. Daehwi and Jinyoung haven't talked to each other ever since. Seeing Jinyoung, a few chairs away from him with his friends congratulating each other full of smiles on their faces. Their memories as bestfriends starts to pop-up on his mind, recalling their sweetness to each other like it will happen again.

I wish I'm in that place. He mumbled to himself in the most lowest pitch everyone can barely hear. Thanks to Jinyoung's squad for dragging him down. They don't know how the latter suffered from their created issues and rumors, and the ultimate betrayal of Jinyoung towards Daehwi.

A few minutes later, people starts to leave one by one. Without accompany on my side, I started to pack up my things and left the auditorium.

I stumbled upon mine and Jinyoung's locker for a bit. I stared at the pink colored locker for about five minutes. Little did everyone know, I already prepared a letter for Jinyoung if we can't talk to each other on today's graduation. Hesitation starts to act up before I slip the letter on his locker. Instead, I tried to become more brave and slips the pink envelope inside his locker, hoping that Jinyoung will open the locker before he goes home since I just eavesdropped that he didn't bring his things on their house yet.

Footsteps are heard showing that Jinyoung and his friends are about to reach the school's hallway. Daehwi rushed himself until no one from Jinyoung's squad including him to see his worthless presence.

Jinyoung's POV

I started to bid goodbye on my friends for the most wonderful experience with them. I went straight ahead on my locker to get my things that are left since the locker is to be used by new set of students for the next school year.

I opened my locker, and on my peripheral version there's a pink letter slipped on with no name on it. Could this be Daehwi? He thought for a short span, but he didn't forget his goal of bringing his things home together with the pink letter from an anonymous person.

A few minutes later, Jinyoung went out of the school grounds and starts to walk at the alley down the block to reach the bus stop. Jinyoung remembered the letter he got from an anonymous person. He starts to open the letter, and found out that it was from Daehwi.

Dear Jinyoungie/Baeby,

Hello! I hope you still remember me... It's me, your former best friend. It's already our graduation. We haven't talked to each other since then. I really hope you are okay, and living happily even if I'm still looking from afar. It will not harm you to say that I really missed you, right?

Of all the issues in our classroom happened, I'm really hurt and in pain for the words you've said...

“Gifts? Donuts? Video Calls? Sweet Messages? Yuck.” I still remember that time you dumped me 8 months ago.

“I've never wanted to have a relationship with you.” I endured everything, all the constant issues in daily basis, but you don't even care.

I'm sorry for being the person who is really proud of the memories, and I posted it on social media causing for the issue. I'm sorry I can't help it, it is my first time that someone cares for me. I'm not an attention seeker, Jinyoung. Maybe it's because you are drunk when you have read those stories on my twitter, but I did not intend any harm towards you. I barely have any form of harm

All those messages...

“Babe, I'm going to sleep. Don't forget to pray, mwuah. I love you”

“Whatever it is, I love you always.”

“Good morning, take care of yourself and keep safe. Love you.”

I thought both of us have feeling for each other. It's just me. It's just me who fell so hard towards you. I'm pretty dumb for not to notice it. I guess it's my sin for not to move on because you are the only one who captures my heart.

We had fights before, but we still tried to conceal everything not until this happened. It's really difficult for me to move forward, it keeps recurring by your friends. Every night, I still think of you even though the chances are low.

I saw your instagram posts with Pinky. It's nice that you two are getting back together. You brought him flowers, which is nice. I wish I'm in that place.

I don't know if you are the one messaged me on my curiouscat saying, "I'm sorry for everything I've done to you. Hope you are doing your best right now. Have a great 2019 ahead!”

My heart really hurts that much with the fact that you are talking to me like nothing happened, talking like you're proud of dragging me down and also by your squad members. I'm sorry for the harsh response because it still hurts a lot, and you said before that you knew me better and used to protect me at your squad members.

But, now? Everything is vanished. Like everything about us. Whenever someone talks about us, I'm hurt deep inside, Jinyoungie.

There are times that I'm really concerned towards you, Jinyoung such as drinking alcohols, whether if you are still okay and fine during the day. I'm sorry I blocked you because it's for the sake of us two from your squad members who made issues.

I'm still in pain, and you are now happy with someone. I'm glad that you are. I am very proud to see you doing well. I still love you all this time, Jinyoung.

I hope you come back to our place, and start new. How I wish that it'll come true. This is getting long, I'm sorry.

P.S: uri-Jinyoungie, I wish you all the best for you. See you again in time.

Sincerely yours
Lee Daehwi, 마구마구