𝐎𝐍𝐄

CHAPTER ONE | I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

THE SUMMER AFTER HER GRADUATION FROM HIGH SCHOOL WAS ONE OF THE BEST RILEY HAD EVER HAD. She spent her entire summer being completely and utterly in love with Damon, the pair spent every single day together and for the first time, it felt like a normal relationship. There were no supernatural emergencies, no Originals trying to break age old curses. Everything was completely normal. Apart from one thing— Stefan.

The Salvatore had taken off shortly after Graduation with Lexi, the pair were planning to dump Silas' body into the quarry as one last hurrah before Lexi was swept back to the Other Side. However, nobody had heard from Stefan since that night.

Riley had tried several times to call him, but was met with his voicemail. She desperately wanted to know if the Salvatore was okay, but she figured that saying goodbye to Lexi and officially calling time on his relationship with Elena meant he needed some space from Mystic Falls.

"Another email from Bonnie?" Damon raised an eyebrow toward Riley, who laid in the bathtub with her eyes intently scanning an email the Bennett girl had sent her.

"Maybe." Riley teased with a light smile as she watched Damon wander closer to her. He pulled her phone from the witch's grasp and dangled it just out of her reach. "Hey!"

"What's it gotta take for me to pry you away from that thing?" The Salvatore smirked toward his girlfriend as he perched on the end of the bath with a towel wrapped around his waist.

"Hm, I don't really know. Especially considering you've just had me all to yourself for—" Riley hummed flirtatiously before she pretended to be shocked. "—Three whole days. Shocker."

"Well, excuse me for wanting to spend time with my girlfriend who's planning on leaving me tomorrow. You're quite literally trading all this for communal showers and a meal plan."

"Mm, I seem to think we've had this conversation before, Damon." Riley licked her lips and let out a light sigh. "I ask you to be a supportive boyfriend, and accept that I wanna go to college. Then, you whine and try your very best to convince me to stay."

"I mean, it's not like I heard you complaining earlier when I tried my very best to convince you to stay." Damon smirked before he passionately pressed his lips against Riley's, then he finally left the bathroom to change.

After he left, Riley let out a sigh. At the bottom of Bonnie's email she had asked if anyone had heard from Stefan, which caused a pit of guilt to appear in Riley's stomach.

She scrolled through her contacts until his name popped up. Her thumb gently grazed over the screen, while she tried to weigh up whether or not to call him. She had lost count the amount of times she had called and texted him over the summer, but he hadn't responded at all. Then, she immediately shook her head and slammed the phone onto the marble counter.