Silence.

Hospital room:
"Kris, that's what we will name her."
"Yes, that's a wonderful name it fits her so well honey."
"Wait something's wrong, why isn't she paying attention to us she looks confused."

"Look honey kris is frantically stare around."
"Hmm, I wonder why?" My husband replies to the odd behavior my daughter shows.

"She's giggling." The Mother stares down at Kris then jolts back up to stare at the other people.

The lady in the white with a mask on starts explain to the Mother.
"I'm sure she's fine, if you see any other problems bring her back, she's just a baby we don't know much right now."

I baby starts to drift off, I start to think that the baby will somehow magically hear when it wakes up.

When Kris wakes:

I've been magically transported to a different place, I open my mouth, I feel as if I am babbling but I hear nothing at all. Come on damn it. Why can't I hear anything nothing, what the hell is wrong with me, I feel a push on my shoulder, my eyes shoot up and stare at a women who looks like she's about to erupt.
"Why won't this brat listen to me." The women looks like she's talking but I can't hear her.
I move away and go over to the crib then the woman lifts me up and for as long as I remember the only childhood I had was the crib I was super isolated and felt as if nobody else was going through the same thing.