1. If Only You Really Knew.

______________________________

COPYRIGHT ©2014 BY Miss_Hoodnificent. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. NO CONTENT IN THIS BOOK MAY BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT PERMISSION FROM THE AUTHOR.

______________________________

1. If Only You Really Knew.

---------------------------------------------

"It's your Mom. You tell her you're fine or else." Anthony demanded as he shoved the phone at me. "Now!" He yelled.

"H-Hello?" I said as Anthony kept the gun resting right on my right temple. I was trembling and scared for my life. This wouldn't be the first time he's shot me.

"Hennessy are you alright?" She asked with worry pretty much oozing through the phone. No things were not alright. Everything was just as it's worst and right now I'm at gun point because my boyfriend is nothing but abusive.

"Everything is f-fine Mom." I closed my eyes and tried to imagine there wasn't a gun at my head. Hennessy there isn't a gun there, it's all in your head... I wish.

"Are you sure?" I swallowed hard as if trying to swallow my nerves and fear but it only gave me the feeling of wanting to throw up.

"Yes Mom. I'm sure." If only you knew... If only you really knew.

"Hurry up with the call." He growled lowly into my other ear. The cold tip of the gun pressing farther into my temple and noticing the small twitch of his finger on the trigger. It only takes a small amount of pressure just to pull that trigger... Whether it be deliberately or mistakenly. "Did you hear me!" He whisper yelled into my ear. I nodded my head, as if I had any other choice.

"Um Mom?" I needed to clear my throat. "I need to get going. I- uh- need to get the cake out of the oven before it burns." Burns... I know all to well about. From cigarette burns to boiling water burns. I know them all, because of Anthony.

"Okay. You know I love you. I'll call you later." You never loved me. You said it all the time but never showed it. You preferred your bottled Hennessy than your daughter, Hennessy.

"By-" He hung up the phone with me and drove the barrel of his gun hard across my face, making me bite down too hard on my tongue. Pain surged through my mouth as I dropped down to the ground and screamed in agony. Blood dripping out of my mouth and clinging to my lip before crashing on the stained white tile kitchen floor.

"Shut up. Clean that mess up and make my dinner. I have the guys coming over too. Better have it done by the time they get here." He ordered before walking down to his room that I'm forced to share with him.

Anthony has broken me down to absolutely nothing. He thinks I have to be completely submissive to him. That he's dominant and I do what he says, when he says, and I'm left to figure out how to do it the way he wants it done, or I have to go through with the consequences.

I picked myself up, walking to the sink and placing my mouth under the cold running water. Getting the blood taste out of my mouth as much as possible. Thankfully no teeth were chipped, knocked out, or any bones in my face broken. I expected a bruise but that was nothing new.

I dried the corners of my mouth and pulled out the frying pan from off the overhanging pan rack. I set it on the front burner, placing a little bit of oil. While that was heating up, I put the cornbread from last night back in the oven to warm up and started to work on the collard greens.

I could careless for this food. I only knew how to make it was because of Anthony making me learn how to. I felt my throat become thick with mucus as I pulled out the chicken wings from the fridge. I love chicken but not fried like how Anthony likes it.