𝐓𝐖𝐎

CHAPTER TWO | TRUE LIES

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

CAROLINE WASTED NO TIME PACKING MEGAN'S BELONGINGS INTO A CARDBOARD BOX. Riley couldn't help that Caroline was being a little insensitive toward the dead girl, but they group had seen so much chaos that a death like Megan's didn't really phase them anymore.

"Megan's memorial outside is growing by the minute." Elena's voice boomed as she walked back into the dorm room to meet Riley and Caroline.

"Well, no surprise there." The strawberry-blonde peeled herself from her bed with a sigh. "You know what college kids are like."

"Dramatic." Caroline nodded in the witch's direction. "She was on campus for, like, one day. She couldn't have made that many friends." The blonde responded with a snarl just as she dumped the rest of Megan's belongings into a cardboard box.

"Caroline, she's dead. You can stop competing with her."

"She's in a mood." Riley shot the Gilbert vampire a look as she wandered over to them. "And, rightly so. If he were my boyfriend, I'd kick his ass."

Elena's eyes widened once she realised what Riley was referring to. "You talked to Tyler?"

"He's deferring from enrolling, and deferring from returning my phone calls. So, I'm deferring from having sex with him ever again." Both girls chuckled at Caroline's clear attempt at acting like she wasn't at all bothered by the fact that her boyfriend hadn't communicated with her in days.

"How's the snooping going?" Elena's eyes then cast inside the box of Megan's belongings with wonder. "Any explanation why our vervain-laced vampire-slaughtered roommate had a picture of my Dad on her phone?"

"No. But, I have something." Riley wandered back over to her bed, and picked up a file before she handed it to Caroline. "I swung by the hospital. That's Megan's death certificate. This thing says that her death was a suicide, though they clearly forgot to mention the vampire-sized hole in her neck."

"So, whoever signed off on the cause of death was part of the cover up." Elena trailed off with a knowing look before she turned back to Riley. "Just like the Founder's Council back home."

"Dr. Wesley Maxfield?" Caroline read from the death certificate.

"A.K.A our applied microbiology professor." The doppelgänger shrugged when she saw the two girls look confused. Both Caroline and Riley knew that microbiology was not a class they chose to take. "I switched our classes around so that we can—"

"Applied what— what?" The Forbes girl slammed the file shut, and glared up toward her best friend. "Uh, Elena, we are suppose to be taking intro to communication."

"She's got a point." Riley nodded in agreement with the blonde. "There's me thinking we were gonna be spending our nights getting drunk at college parties not worrying about any of this crap. But, I can't help but be a little curious as to what's going on, because clearly something's not right."