A Weird Boy Stabs My Package With a Pen (Which is Also a Sword?)

Hello! So this originally started out as a free write I did in Language Arts class, but as you can see it has blossomed into much more! I don't know how often I will work on this but I will try my best to post as often as I can.  Enjoy the story!

 Olive yawned and sat up slowly in his bed. He looked out the window and immediately shielded his eyes from the bright sunlight. He looked over at his alarm clock, which was sitting on his nightstand right next to his phone. His eyes nearly popped out of his skull when he saw the time. It was 9:30 in the morning, nearly an hour after he was supposed to be at work.

"Ahhhhhh shoot!!" He exclaimed loudly, quickly throwing his covers aside and standing up. Unfortunately, in all the panic, he became entangled in the sheets and promptly fell flat on his face. He slowly stood up, groaning while muttering curses at his clumsiness. He looked at his clock once more, confused as to why the alarm had not gone off when it was supposed to. He shrugged and continued to get ready.

He walked over to his dresser and rummaged through the messy drawers for something to wear. When he couldn't find something he would feel satisfied with, he looked at the laundry basket by his bedroom door and thought, 'So this is what it's come to...'.

He walked over to the basket and began sorting through, sniffing each shirt to test how bad it smelled. He picked up his favorite shirt from the bottom of the pile and sniffed it, only to rip it away from his face in pure disgust. His face twisted in a gross expression as he fought his gag reflexes. He then threw the smelly shirt across the room, where it landed on his pile of other clothes he had no room for in the laundry basket. He called that corner of his bedroom the, "Forbidden Zone".

After he was finally dressed (he had settled on a grey polo he found at the bottom of one of his dresser drawers) Olive made his way to the kitchen, where he found his roommate staring at him judgingly. He gave the latter a light glare. "Why didn't you wake me up?"

His friend chuckled and said, "You didn't do the dishes last night, now we're even." Olive rolled his eyes dramatically and gave his friend a playful look. "Haha, very funny Allen. Now," He made a gesture towards Allen with his hand "You will make me a cup of coffee." Allen looked at him and chuckled darkly, "Your Jedi mind tricks do not work on me, silly boy."

The two friends doubled over laughing hysterically. Olive clutching his stomach and catching his breath, looked at Allen, who was wiping tears of laughter from his eyes, and said "No, but seriously, can you make me a cup of coffee while I grab the mail? I'm sort of in a time crunch." Allen eyed him suspiciously, "What's in it for me?" Olive sighed, "Fine, I swear I'll do dish duty for a month!"

Allen smirked at him, "But you couldn't even remember to do them last night? Olive rolled his eyes and groaned. "Oh, just shut up." Allen put a hand on his chest in mock offense, "You wound me, Olive." Said man walked away towards the door laughing, "Good."

Olive stepped inside the elevator and pressed the button for the lobby and waited for the door to close. When he was on the main floor, he walked up to the front desk and asked the clerk for his mail. The clerk nodded and turned towards the row of mailboxes on the wall behind her, opening the one belonging to Olive and Allen. She looked inside, then back at Olive. "Hey, Ollie, did you order another Amazon package? You know you're supposed to let me know beforehand, so I can make room for your other mail."

Olive looked at her in confusion, "What are you talking about Kate? I rarely ever order packages." He walked behind the desk and peered into his box, and sure enough, there was a brown package with the signature blue amazon prime tape. He looked at Kate, "Mind if I look at the label? Maybe there's a return address." She shrugged, "Sure. Just don't open it unless it's addressed to you."