Part 1

It was my first day at my new job. Not only was I nervous to be working in a new building, but I had just moved to Brooklyn two weeks ago. I didn't know anyone and I didn't know where anything was. So you could say I was pretty scared to start working in the 99th Precinct.
I got out of bed, put on the outfit that I spent three hours picking out the night before, making sure I would look casual, but not like I just rolled out of bed, and smart, but not too smart. I really wanted to blend in and not cause much of a ruckus. I went into the kitchen and started to make a big breakfast, but I was so nervous that I wasn't even hungry, so I just settled for a small bowl of Cheerios and some orange juice. I looked down at my watch and realised i was running late.... very late. I quickly fixed my hair and put on my shoes, grabbed my car keys and sprinted out the door.
Using my GPS I finally reached the 99th Precinct at 08:55. Phew! I had five minutes to spare. I grabbed my box of desk-decor and headed inside. I walked through the doors and was greeted by my new Captain, Raymond Holt. He seemed nice and he made me feel safe in my new workplace. He assured me that his squad were a great bunch and that they were all looking forward to meeting me. He showed me to my desk which had another one facing it. The other desk was filled with toys and gadgets, but I didn't get a chance to check them out as Captain Holt had told me to follow him to his office. I left down my box of desk-decor on my desk and briskly followed Holt to his office.