Chapter 1

A/N. Hey guys! I just wanted to let you know that anything I write in bold is from me, not from the characters, or it's just saying whose POV it's in. I won't be having any A/N's in this book unless there's something huge that I need to spill, which I doubt there will be... I'll usually just do it before or after each chapter. I hope you enjoy my story and feel free to comment on anything, whether it be roasting me for my lack of ability to spell, or understanding a reference that I make (there'll be a lot)... *Gestures below* And I present to you... The Story I Hope To Finish... *bows*

Draco's POV

I couldn't remember what time it was. I was slouched on a couch in the Slytherin common room, a bottle of nearly-empty fire-whiskey in hand. Not my first one, nowhere near it. Pansy sat loosely across from me on the couch, Blaise sitting on a couch nearby, with Crabbe, Goyle, and Astoria sitting on the middle on a single chair, acting as if she were the queen of... Everything. I never liked her; she didn't have anything going for her. But that wasn't what I was focused on right now. No. I was completely focused on what Pansy was telling me.

"Draco. It's your turn." I nodded, as she smiled viciously. I just nodded, knowing that they didn't know enough about my personal life to really dare me to do something that would actually impact my life. After all, they're just pawns, in the big game of power. I didn't even regularly join them in their drinking parties, or whatever, but sometimes you have to make sure that your lackeys feel as if they mean something. And so that's how I ended up here, Pansy loving the "power" that she believed that she had over me.

Ha. What a joke.

"Go on then." I waved my hand in the air impatiently; I could still master my trademark sneer, even when everything was hazy, even my own mind.

She smiled again. This was becoming repetitive. "I want you to make..." she looked around the room, and Blaise gave her a thumbs up. I rose an eyebrow. "I want you to make Potter fall in love with you." She finished triumphantly, her eyes sparkling with mirth. I knew she expected me to share her gleeful look, to show her that this would delight me, and I was ecstatic that this was a possibility.

I began to panic. Did they know? Could they have guessed-? But no, they couldn't have. I could see it in their eyes. So I did what I did best. I acted.

I thought of Harry's smile, the way his beautiful emerald eyes sparkled and felt a grin grace my lips. I made sure to turn it into a sneer quickly, and faced them. "It would be my pleasure." I made sure that my voice was filled with both excitement and contempt at the same time; contempt that I would have to go near him, and excitement that I would get to hurt him.

But what they didn't know was if I hurt him, I would indubitably be carving a hole into my own heart.

I gave a final sneer at them, and swaggered up to the stairs, half swaying, half erect. I needed to act as if I were in charge of this situation as if it didn't bother me in the slightest. But, of course, once I climbed up the stairs and walked into my own room, I collapsed. My body began to convulse as I tried to keep down my sobs. Why did I have to do this? Why couldn't I have just said no? Not now, but when Blaise and Pansy had offered me their friendship? But I knew in my heart that it would still end up this way. With Harry hating me from the bottom of his heart.

Well, Harry, that would make two of us.

I staggered to the bathroom and knelt my forehead on the cool glass pane of the mirror, but refusing to look at myself. I knew all I would see there was filth. Filth and a waste of space. And I also knew that if I could, I'd shoot a spell to the mirror. And that it would bounce back at me.