Broken Ankle

A/N: Welcome to the one-shot book. I'll upload these as and when I can think of any or if someone requests one. Hope you enjoy!

Kirstie's POV

"I broke my ankle." I said when I turned up to our rehearsal for our Christmas tour. My right ankle was in a temporary cast and I had it up on the scooter I had found.

"We can see that. How did you manage it?" Esther asked.

"Fell down some stairs. I thought I just sprained it, but I have to have surgery on it." 

"When's that?" Scott asked.

"Tomorrow."

"Alright. Let one of us know if you need picking up to get there or back afterwards." Matt said, sounding very concerned.

"Okay. Sorry if I ruined the tour." I said looking at the floor."

"Accidents happen Kirstie. We'll figure something out." Kevin said.

I was awake at 7am the next morning. My surgery was at 12. I had to take all my piercings out ready for it. Matt would be taking me there and then bringing me home again. Safe to say that I was quite scared about this. The band were very supportive and weren't mad at me, but I knew that I had thrown a spanner in the works for our Christmas tour. I wouldn't be able to do proper choreography, I couldn't move around very easily and I would need help with a lot of things. It has actually forced me to slow down, which I know I needed to do more often.

Matt picked me up at 10:45 and helped me into the car. I had crutches, but moving around was still very difficult. He could tell I was nervous, because he squeezed my hand before he started driving.

"It'll be okay." He said.

"Yeah, just a routine procedure." I said trying to reassure myself.

"The surgeon has probably done it a thousand times, absolutely nothing to worry about. Once you're in I won't leave until I can drop you home again."

"Alright. Thanks for this."

"It's not a problem Kirstie."

The doctor said everything went alright, now I have to wear a cast for 6 weeks and then a boot for a while after. I was in the hospital for a couple of hours after I woke up, just to give me a chance to recover from the anaesthetic. Matt was with me the whole time, apart from when I got changed just before we left. He made sure the drive back to mine was quiet and smooth. I was still a little drowsy from the anaesthesia, so he helped me into my house and made sure I was settled. With the boys around me, surely I could do this tour with minimal bother.