Agents vs. Bad Guys

AN: Here's the sequel to Christmas with the Prentisses. I hope you enjoy.

:::::::

Disclaimer: I do not own Criminal Minds.

:::::::

Alex paced around Ethan and Declan's room as she rambled on and on. "Are you sure you're going to be okay here alone? I don't mind staying."

Ethan nodded. "I'll be fine. I'm already feeling a little better. Besides I have you, Emily, and Penelope on speed dial if anything happens."

"You sure you have everything?" Alex asked.

Ethan looks around him. "Bucket, water, ginger ale, phone, book, I think I'm good."

"I should stay," Alex stated.

"Mom, I'll be fine," Ethan insisted. "Now go and enjoy your time at Dave's and don't worry about me."

"Your my son, it's hard not to worry," Alex informed him.

"It's just the stomach bug I'll be fine," Ethan repeated for what felt to him like the hundredth time.

Alex finally caved. "Okay, just promise to call if you need anything, and I mean anything."

"I promise."

:::::::

Ethan's first Christmas after moving in with Emily, Penelope, and their kids had went better than he had expected. That was until he had gotten sick with a stomach virus the day before New Year's Eve. Because of that he was stuck in bed while everyone else went to Dave's for a big party New Year's Eve. It had taken lots of convincing for him to get his mom to still go, but she'd finally caved in.

Now he was trying to read one of the books he had gotten for Christmas. He'd just finished the first chapter when the front door downstairs shut signaling everyone had left. However, he was alarmed when he heard someone walking up the steps. One of the twins had probably forgot something he told himself. That worked until there was a knock on his door. Possible intruders didn't knock; did they? "Who is it?"

"Emily."

Ethan was flooded with relief. "Come in."

Emily opened the door and entered the room taking a seat at the foot of his bed. "How are you feeling?"

"Better. What are you still doing here?"

"I may have lied and said I was too tired to go. I don't think they believed me," Emily admitted. "I know you told Allie you were fine, but I thought maybe you could use some company."

Ethan didn't know what to say. "Thank you."

"If you want I was thinking we could watch Doctor Who," Emily suggested.

"I'd like that."

:::::::

"Where's Emily and Ethan?" Dave asked as he opened the door.

"Ethan has the stomach bug and Emily was 'tired'," Penelope replied.

"Though we think she knew I didn't want to leave Ethan alone, and she wanted me to come," Alex added.

"Then I guess you'll be taking Emily's place. I don't think she'll mind," Dave said.

"Emily's place?" Alex asked.

Penelope smiled. "After the countdown and all Dave, Hotch, Derek, Emily, Reid, and Will disappear and return very drunk. I've heard on the good stuff, so I'd take his offer."

"I'll think about it," Alex told him.

Erin walked into the room joining them. "Where's Emily and Ethan?"