Can I?

Dan stepped out of the train at Manchester Picadilly Station, dragging his suitcase behind him. The station was crowded, making him feel slightly trapped. He looked around worriedly, trying to find Phil.

"Dan!" He jumped at the voice and looked up to see the slightly taller man standing in front of him. Dan automatically tugged at the curly ends of his hair, trying to straighten it. Phil was even more beautiful in real life then he was through their shitty laptop cameras.

"C-can I hug you?" Dan asked nervously, still running a hand through his hair.

"Of course," Phil smiled, opening his arms invitingly. Dan wrapped his arms around Phil, burying his head in Phil's chest. He tried to drink in Phil's scent the best he could. He smelled like a mix of clean laundry, soil, warmth, and soft spices. Everything Dan thought that home should smell like. He remembered what it was like when his house was still like a home.

Pulling away, Dan was surprised to find himself blinking back tears as he giggled,"Hi."

"Are you okay, Dan?" Phil asked nervously.

Dan nodded, smiling,"I'm just really happy." He self-consciencely straightened his t-shirt, taking note of how perfect Phil looked.

"Do you want to begin your tour of Manchester?" Phil asked, smiling down at Dan.

Dan nodded eagerly,"Yes, please!"

As Phil guided him out of the train station, Dan kept tugging at his hair nervously, wishing that it laid flat like Phil's. "You know, I think you look cute with your hair a bit curly like that," Phil smiled at him. 

Dan looked at his feet, blushing,"Thank you, I don't like it very much though. It makes me look gross." Despite this, the compliment must have had Phil's desired effect because Dan stopped trying to flatten his hair.

"Here is..." Phil paused for dramatic effect,"...STARBUCKS!"

Dan had to admire his enthusiasm. "Can we get some?" He asked cautiously. "If you don't want to, we don't have to!" He rambled quickly. 

Phil gave Dan a strange look, making Dan look uncomfortably down at the ground again. "I'm sorry..." he apologized quietly.

"No, of course we can get some! That was the plan in the first place," Phil put a reassuring arm around Dan. Dan subconsciously leaned into the calming touch, it gave him a warm feeling in his chest. Phil must have sensed this, for he tightened his loose grip slightly as he led Dan into the Starbucks.

He let go of Dan to order their drinks, leaving Dan feeling slightly cold and craving more contact. When they sat down on one of the sofas in the corner, they sat slightly closer then they should have.

"I think that your hair is really pretty," Dan confessed quietly, refusing to look at Phil. Because of this he didn't see Phil cover his face to hide his blush.

"Thank you, Bear," Phil used the nickname fondly.

Dan nearly choked on his drink, looking up with wide eyes. The nickname had given him a surprisingly warm feeling. "Did I say something wrong?" Phil asked anxiously.

"No," Dan said softly, shaking his head vehemently. "It just surprised me. I didn't think that you remembered that nickname. I actually-" his confidence seemed to run out halfway through the thought and he went a bit red.

"You actually... what?" Phil asked curiously, tilting his head to the side like a confused puppy.

"I kind of like it when you call me that," Dan mumbled, embarrassed.

Phil smirked playfully,"You mean when I call you Bear?"

Dan flushed again,"Y-yeah, I guess."

"Okay, Bear."