Wish You Were Here (OneShot for Ashley)

Hope you enjoy this as much as I enjoyed yours, Ashley! Got the idea from two songs, Wish You Were Here by Avril Lavigne and Nothing by The Script <3

                                                         Wish You Were Here

Lying on the couch in my apartment I listen to the lyrics of Avril Lavigne’s song Wish You Were Here “Damn, Damn, Damn what I’d do to have you near, near, near…” I mumble the words to myself in the dark apartment no lights, or tv on nothing but my laptop blasting Ashley’s favorite song. “I wish you were here…” the song ends and the next song plays.

“Ew what is that smell?” I hear come from my door as it opens slowly revealing Ted, Randy and Kofi with smiles. Smile by Avril Lavigne plays and the boys sincere smile turns into mocking ones and I want to die right there.

                                                You know that I'm a crazy bitch

                                               I do what I want when I feel like it

                                                  All I wanna do is lose control

“Oh my gosh this is more serious than I thought he thinks he is a ‘crazy bitch’ now!” Randy says all the guys burst into laughter, I pull the blanket over my head waiting for the chorus of the song. That was the part that cut deep; I could just see Ashley running out of the bathroom no matter what she looked like to sing that part in my face with a big smile.

“Come on, time to go out.” Ted says in a serious voice hitting pause on the song just before the chorus,

“Go away.” I groan not budging, I refuse to leave I will stay here in mourning until Ashley comes back…I need her.

“Seriously Cody, when was the last time you even left this apartment?” The day she left, a week ago but I wasn’t going to admit that to him so instead I lay there silent. He yanks my blanket off and I don’t even blink twice about it frozen in a ball on the couch. “Cody when was the last time you showered?” he asks plugging his nose, again a week ago. Why look good if I don’t have her in my life…

“Man that’s gross…” Kofi says moving around the messy apartment, “dude, you are better off without her. We can get single Cody back that means partying and random chicks every night!” Kofi says in a cheerful voice picking up some of the mess my insides boil.

“I don’t want to party, I don’t want to be single, I only want one thing and that’s Ashley!” I scream sitting up in the couch ready to kick anyone’s ass who challenges that,

“Calm down, man…” Randy says placing his hand on my shoulder, I shrug it off taking a deep breath knowing turning on my friends won’t help any. “We are going to be honest with you and I think you should probably give up on that idea…Ashley isn’t coming back.” He says in his cold voice, no emotion like always, how I envy him his wife could probably die and he still would be able to hide his emotion.

“I can’t just become a quitter, I would rather be dead then without her.” I sigh trying to hold back all the tears that keep coming out,

“Look, let’s go to the bar down the street and we can just hang out and try to work through this…” Ted says sitting down beside me draping his arm over my shoulder, “What do you say bud?” he gives a reassuring smile and I knew I couldn’t let him down so I give a light nod before going to shower.

We are walking down the street I’m trying my best to keep at least a light smile on my face but it’s hard to remember how through this pain, trying not to drag my feet “After a few drinks you’ll forget about her,” Ted says draping his arm back over my shoulder I give a slight nod hoping it would help end the pain.

Drink after drink I could see on the guys’ face they knew it was a mistake bringing me here, “I think if I just try one more time, if she sees how much I’m hurting she will take me back for sure.” I slur my words taking another gulp of my beer,

“You are crazy man…” Randy says with a light chuckle but I could see in his face; all of their faces that they were worried. I pull out my phone and their face go cold, “Who you calling?” Randy asks.

“Ash, I know I can win her back.” I say plainly blinking at my phone trying to make the images of three of them form one again,

“Oh no you don’t!” Ted says, snatching my phone from my hand.

“Give me my phone! I have to call Ashley! I have to win her back!” I scream stumbling forward trying to look threatening but I knew I wasn’t even walking in a straight line at this point.

“Calm down, Cody seriously…” they all whisper their concerns trying not to draw attention in our direction, I turn toward the door swatting my hand in their direction forget them I’ll just find her in person.

Stumbling toward the door the guys follow after me, “Leave me alone I’ll get myself where I want to go!” I scream over my shoulder with a loud burp, using the fences and railings I make my way down the street the guys trying to help and I would push them away so they follow behind at a safe distance. “ASHLEY!” I scream her name down the streets tears streaming down my face.

“ASHLEY! Please I love you!” I scream the hotel the guys were staying at was straight ahead and I had a feeling that’s where she was. The closer I got the more the guys protested, but I would get in a legit fight with them before I let them take me home.

I walk into the hotel still screaming her name the manager quickly approaches me, “Sir, you have to be quiet or I’m gonna have to ask you to leave…” he says in a low tone, I laugh in his face.

“Fuck you, I’m looking for the love of my life!” I yell pushing him to the side and trying my best to run to the elevator the guys of course are right there with me, “Are you going to tell me what floor or do I have to guess?” I slur they shake their heads trying to figure out, “I already know she is on the second floor an most likely in 117 but that room could have been taken.”

“Fine she is in room 132, it was taken.” Kofi says, the others hit him in the back of the head “What, if we didn’t tell him he would be running around here like crazy!”

The elevator reaches her floor and I run out the guys follow and I stop “Stay here, seriously I’ll be fine just let me try….please…” unsure they nod in agreement, I walk to her room trying my best to look normal before knocking. I wait for what feels like an eternity before the door finally opens and there stands Ashley as beautiful as ever.

“What are you doing here?” She asks in a low voice eyes dropping to the floor not able to meet my gaze just like the night she left,

“I need you to take me back, Ash…I cannot live without you.” I say trying hard not to slur my words as tears bead in my bloodshot eyes,

“You’re drunk.” She says plainly going to close the door, I stick my foot in the way and push my way inside.

“That doesn’t matter. I haven’t left the apartment since you left me, I haven’t showered either I only did today because Ted asked me too…please give me one more chance. I know I pushed you away, I took you for granted I’m so sorry…” I fall to my knees staring up at her so she can’t avoid my gaze, tears appear in her eyes.

“You hurt me, Cody. I loved you with everything I had and you would barely even say the words I love you!” she nearly screams as the tears start to escape her eyes, I stand up and pull her into a hug my heart hurting even more.

“I’m so sorry, let me make it up to you. There won’t be one day that you don’t know how much I love and need you! Please, Ashley…not only come back to me but marry me!” I cry into her hair, she pulls back and stares into my face I can’t even breathe afraid of being rejected again by her.

  “I love you, Cody…I just…you promise?” I whip away her tears before pushing my lips to soft ones her arms wrap around my neck tightly entwining her fingers in my hair as mine tighten around her waist lifting her off the ground and spinning in a circle, I pull back just slightly pressing my forehead to hers.

“I promise, Mrs. Runnels.”